Post Date: 12/31/2018
Close Date: 01/13/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for two Developers with C#.NET experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a C#.NET Developer, you will support the Child Welfare OR-Kids application by planning, leading and collaborating on the development of applications and corresponding databases, analysis of existing applications and systems, integration of new development, and providing operations support and maintenance for applications. You will also consult with business partners, analysts and other IT experts in the agency to resolve issues and collaborate on development.
OR-Kids is the State of Oregon's legacy child welfare information system which was originally implemented as a large one-size-fits all federal framework meant to help case workers manage their caseloads and comply with federal reporting requirements. Oregon will be transitioning OR-Kids into a new federal framework known as CCWIS (Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System) that considers new child welfare practices and technologies. CCWIS will provide Oregon the opportunity to redesign the life cycle of child welfare and ultimately improve outcomes for children and families through better data interoperability, modularity, and data quality.
In this role, you will analyze and resolve technical problems in customer assistance, operational maintenance and construction. The customer base served will include technically sophisticated end-users, software vendors and suppliers, systems programmers, technical contractors, systems maintenance staff, and systems operations staff.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Developer with C#.NET experience, don't delay, apply today!
These are full-time, permanent positions that are classified and represented by a union.
These positions will be located in Salem at 3991 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
(a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Object-Oriented Development and Agile Methodologies.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND four (4) years of information systems experience in Object-Oriented Development and Agile Methodologies.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Object-Oriented Development and Agile Methodologies.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Expert-level IT skills in Web Application Architectures, Application Concept Design utilizing Story Board, Application Work Flow Tools, and other UI Concept Development Tools to accurately and clearly describe and specify proposed application systems to both non-technical and technical audiences.
• Experience working with bi-directional data exchanges.
• Experience with .NET coding paradigms, Web Forms, MVC and MVC API, Data Entities Framework and EF Core.
• Expert-level skills in developing web applications, including design, development, testing and implementation.
• Systems analysis skills with the ability to lead or coordinate technology-based business process design from problem statement to system implementation.
• Ability to lead technical and non-technical requirements gathering and analysis projects.
• Experience providing reporting and data analysis solutions using business process automation, decision support, and fully functional system administration capabilities.
• Experience using DB2 and SQL application database design, stored procedures and application-level administration.
• Experience managing or participating in projects throughout the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of project administration methods, principles, techniques and practices.
• Knowledge of trends, technological changes and developments in IT.
• Knowledge of information systems architecture.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.