Post Date: 04/10/2019
Close Date: 11/01/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Application Developer to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Application Architect, you will provide the highest level of technical expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems. You will be responsible for technical direction of software systems while guiding the evolution of the systems architecture and quality, and enabling innovation.
In this role, you will guide design and development, while instituting industry best practices and standards. You will be part of a team that provides technical expertise and leadership to develop, integrate and implement Public Health information systems.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Application Developer, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (d) A Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience with applications written in object-oriented, structured and event-driven programming paradigms.
• Willingness to regularly participate in assisting with the development of business use cases, user stories or other agile software development requirements gathering and documentation methodologies.
• Ability to to develop new applications from beginning to end as well as maintaining existing applications in more than one modern programming language.
• Ability to take high level, customer driven ideas and turn them into actionable software requirements.
• Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
• Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code and design review tools and processes.
• Knowledge of Software Development technology stacks, such as: .NET, JAVA, PowerBuilder, IIS, Apache, JIRA, SVN, SQL Server, and/or Sybase.
• Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling and manipulation.
• Knowledge and understanding of reporting tools such as, SSIS, SSRS or Crystal Reports.
• Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, manipulation and ETL.
• Experience with Data Warehousing Design, development and maintenance.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.