Post Date: 02/23/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Since 1963, PPCW has provided a broad range of sexual and reproductive health care, including family planning, preventative care, and other medical services; trained and educated community members on issues of sexuality; and advocated for the protection of reproductive rights and freedom in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each year, more than 58,000 women, men and teens visit a PPCW health center, located in NE and SE Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, Salem, and Bend, Oregon; and Vancouver, Washington.
The Call Center is the primary point of contact for patients via telephone, setting the stage for a positive and supportive experience with our organization. The Call Center Service Staff fosters a positive work environment with external and internal customers by providing professional, efficient and caring service.
The Call Center Service Staff are responsible for answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, problem solving & triaging questions to appropriate parties, and offering service referrals as needed. Other responsibilities include accurate patient data, providing general health and contraceptive information.
• Answer a high volume of calls and schedule appointments accurately according to scheduling policy.
• Comply with individual and team performance metrics goals established by the Call Center management team.
• Accurately input patient information in EHR system.
• Provide clients with accurate and clear information about appointment and services.
• Process online appointment requests when needed.
• Maintain the Waitlist for surgical services.
• Host visitors for shadowing calls in the Call Center.
• Problem solve and triage calls to the appropriate parties
• Refer clients to outside providers for services PPCW does not offer.
• Screen clients accurately for financial status, fee information and funding options.
• Understand funding sources and be able to discuss with clients as appropriate.
• Participate and contribute in trainings, committees and meetings as needed.
• Participate in abortion services which may include referrals, information and education about abortions.
• Participate in efforts to achieve affiliate goals on wait time, both in-clinic and on the phone, and adhere to the system for addressing client complaints. Adhere to affiliate workplace rules on professionalism.
• Log in and be ready to receive or make calls as directed by schedule.
• Exhibit and foster a positive outlook in guiding the team forward with departmental and agency wide goals and changes.
• Comply with HIPAA confidentiality and Mandated Reporting requirements
• Adhere to all reporting requirements and state laws relevant to the abuse of minors.
• Provide assistance and support to team members in an effort to aid in building their skills and ability to meet call center team expectations.
• Some schedules/shifts require Saturday shifts based on call volume & staffing needs.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers of all backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances in technology.
• Must have excellent customer service and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Supportive of the mission and goals of Planned Parenthood. Commitment to quality healthcare.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Equivalent of 2 years full-time work history including at least 1 year of customer service experience, preferably in a call-center, front-line health care, or social services environment.
• Demonstrated computer literacy with at least 35 WPM and basic knowledge of keyboarding, using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the Internet and data entry systems.
• Demonstrated basic math skills such as add, subtract, and calculate percentages.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle stressful, sensitive and/or challenging situations appropriately.
• Bilingual Spanish required for some positions. Must be able to pass an oral and written Spanish fluency exam with a score of at least 85%.
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, union activity, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Complete details: http://www.ppcw.org/jobs