Post Date: 05/30/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Nursing Skills Lab Facilitator
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09413
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Level 4, Fulltime,Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary: $45,292 to $48,518 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Salary Range is $45,292 to $79,911
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
PCC is looking for a Nursing Skills Lab Facilitator who under the direction of the Director of Nursing Programs, facilitates the operation of the nursing skills lab. Primary accountabilities include coordinating the utilization of the nursing lab including the scheduling of students, staff and work study students into the lab; orienting new staff and faculty to the philosophy and learning activities of the lab; operationalizing the curricular learning activities as identified by full-time faculty, as well as providing faculty with guidance related to the use of the skills lab learning environment.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1.Coordinates the utilization of the nursing skills laboratory including the scheduling of students, staff, and work study students into the laboratory.
2.Orients new staff and faculty to the philosophy, learning activities, procedures and policies of the nursing lab. Serves as mentor and role model for the nursing program's philosophy for teaching students in the skills lab. Trains staff and faculty in the safe maintenance and use of all equipment used in the laboratory. Provides work direction for work study students and staff. Monitors performance of lab work study students and reports any problems to administrative supervision.
3.Coordinates the support activities of the nursing laboratory. Acquires, maintains and inventories equipment, materials, supplies and written materials required for student instructional needs. Performs repairs on equipment. Coordinates the lending of lab equipment, supplies, and materials to students. Maintains contact with vendors. Establishes procedures for the use of equipment, supplies, materials, and other items used. Provides for the general cleanliness and security of the laboratory. Appropriately disposes of hazardous materials. Ensures the lab meets all OSHA standards and maintains appropriate documentation.
4.Acts as team leader for the nursing skills lab and attends team leader meetings as scheduled by the department director.
5.Maintains records of activities undertaken in the support of the lab. Participates in the budgetary process.
6.Participates with students in "Video Lab" ? human simulation care experiences in the skills lab.
7.Participates in the implementation of skills lab learning activities as determined by the Nursing Subject Area Committees.
8.Performs other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Current nursing license required.
- Demonstrated work experience in nursing.
- Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years' experience managing a pre-licensure nursing program skills lab, including working with reports, budgets and budget forsaking related to the fiscal needs of a nursing skills lab.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of nursing skills.
Skill in facilitating development of student problem solving skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff.
Ability to communicate in oral and written form.
Ability to organize and schedule a skills lab for a large associate degree nursing program.
Ability to use electronic learning platforms for dissemination of materials.
Ability to use an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to deliver skills lab learning activities.
1. Experience working with diverse teams
2. Experience working with high-fidelity simulation equipment from Laerdal.
3. Experience coordinating a nursing skills lab and simulation lab, including the scheduling of students, staff and work study students into the lab.
4. Experience orienting new staff and faculty to the philosophy and learning activities of the lab;
5. Demonstrated experience providing faculty with guidance related to the use of the skills lab learning environment.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1229116
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1229116