Post Date: 03/04/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Are you looking for a fun and flexible job working with kids? Would you like to work for one of the 100 Best Non-Profit Employers in Oregon?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! We’re seeking several part-time Children’s Support Professionals who will work after school and on weekends.
This isn’t like most childcare jobs, because you’ll have some flexibility:
• You can work in Portland, Clackamas, Canby, Gresham, Beaverton, and/or Hillsboro.
• You will be able to choose which families you work with.
• You can choose how many shifts you work; currently, our staff are averaging between 10-25 hours per week.
You’ll be supporting kids who experience various disabilities, assisting them at home and out in the community. Together, you’ll do activities such as creating arts and crafts, and playing games. You may assist some kids with personal care, or provide emotional or behavior support. You’ll also do a small amount of paperwork.
You’ll get to make a difference every day, plus you’ll receive lots of paid training, and have room to advance at an awesome non-profit. Come join us!
Note: While your normal schedule is very flexible, during your New Hire Week, you will have to complete 2 days of training (Monday and Tuesday) with an optional third day (Thursday). There may an additional fourth day of training if you need to become certified in First Aid/CPR.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Paid sick leave.
• Mileage reimbursement if choosing to drive for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Have a high school diploma or GED.
• One year of experience with children, or providing support to individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Be able to pass our pre-hire screenings: a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Children’s Support Professional (After School and Weekends)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP Oregon is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP Oregon at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/07D26DDDE3