Post Date: 05/19/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
This is a part-time, benefitted, position with a work schedule of at least 20 hours per week.
Do you value meaningful work? Are you committed to excellence? Emotionally intelligent? A self-starter, creative problem-solver and team player? If so, please consider joining our award-winning Ethics team at Cambia Health Solutions.
The part-time Ethics Learning Consultant or Senior owns and drives ethics learning curriculum across a variety of learning channels (webinars, podcasts, in-classroom, etc.) in support of understanding and compliance with Cambia’s Code of Business Conduct and enhancing Cambia’s exceptional culture of ethics. Success in the role is dependent on a combination of strong project management expertise, stakeholder management skills, and knowledge of adult learning theories. This role partners closely with the Human Resources Learning and Development Team. Technical knowledge of HR systems and tools, such as learning management and performance, enables the Ethics Learning Consultant to support Ethics’ personalized approach to training, while maintain alignment across Cambia learning programs.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Ability to consult with other teams and provide facilitation to analyze relevant ethics training needs, determine which gaps can be solved with instruction, and develop materials to close those gaps, design curriculum and create trainings using appropriate adult learning methods.
• Develops and deploys internal marketing strategies in support of ethics training goals and outcome metrics.
• Measure, monitor and improve overall ethics learning efforts and impact.
• Drive significant and sustainable collaboration with business partners throughout the company and be a positive agent of change while engaging leaders and supporting staff.
• Proven ability with speaking professionally before groups, instructing individuals at various skill levels, over the phone, face to face and in a classroom environment and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse employee population.
• Coordinates closely with HR learning team to ensure cohesive training across the organization, and maintain connections between ethics learning and other business initiatives and incentives, such as leadership development, diversity and inclusion, collaboration, consumer obsession, etc.
• Uses best practices in adult learning to create eLearning, in-classroom and blended learning experiences.
• Evaluates and applies feedback from participants and project stakeholders.
• The part-time Ethics Learning Consultant would have a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in adult learning and development, organizational development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Desire to do meaningful work. Commitment to excellence. Emotionally intelligent. Self-starter, creative problem-solver, team player.
• Demonstrated internal consulting skills in assessing organizational educational or development needs and implementing learning solutions utilizing appropriate adult learning methods.
• Strong stakeholder management skills, including ability to resolve issues, build consensus and drive towards practical solutions. Ability to work seamlessly with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to engage and motivate employees to change or adopt new, more efficient or effective skills.
• Proven ability with speaking professionally before groups, instructing individuals at various skill levels, remotely, face to face and in a classroom environment. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously, think clearly under pressure and always maintain a professional approach.
• Expertise in gathering quantitative and qualitative feedback on the effectiveness of learning solutions. Strong skills in analyzing data, providing insights into findings and recommendations for actions.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Senior Level:
• The part-time Senior Ethics Learning Consultant would have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in adult learning and development, organizational development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced project management experience, including the ability to lead cross functional teams on detailed projects, deliver on-time results and use discretion as needed to achieve results.
• Ability to apply strategic thinking skills to diagnose a business problem, propose multiple viable solutions, seek consensus among stakeholders, and drive implementation of the selected solution.
• Strong internal consulting skills and ability to manage difficult conversations and forms of resistance when working with senior leaders.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.