Post Date: 10/15/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Ride Connection is looking for a friendly, dependable person who is passionate about helping people in our community lead more independent lives. We are seeking a full-time Mobility Specialist to join our team. This position will be working out of Wilsonville after the training has been completed. Training will take place in the Glisan office and should last up to 3 months. You must submit both an application as well as a resume and cover letter, in order to be considered.
The Mobility Specialist implements and coordinates service delivery in Wilsonville through the RideWise Travel Training & Mobility Support Program. The RideWise program is a coordinated, comprehensive approach to enhancing an individual’s knowledge and ability to access appropriate transportation options independently. The Mobility Specialist must work independently and manage multiple projects assigned by the RideWise Supervisor.
• BA Degree in a related field with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Additional education may be substituted for experience, and educational qualifications may be waived depending on work history
• Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is it relates to public transport
• Demonstrated training skills, comfortable leading groups of people, and speaking in front of people
• Demonstrated skills in group facilitation and effective public speaking
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diversity of people
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Ability to pass a National Criminal Record Check which includes fingerprint identification
• Ability to access reliable transportation
• Maintain a driving record that meets or exceeds Ride Connection’s driver standards
• Demonstrated computer skills, and proficient with the Microsoft Office environment and related software
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Working knowledge/experience with paratransit eligibility processes.
• Familiarity with Portland Metropolitan area public transit system.
• Bilingual skills.
If you are ready for the challenge of showing transportation options to older people and people with disabilities, join our team. In order to be considered for this position, you must submit both an application and a resume. Please visit www.rideconnection.org for an application and job description. To submit your material or for additional information, contact us at email@example.com. This position is an hourly non-exempt full-time position, eligible for benefits. This position will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM and may require some evenings and weekends as needed. Compensation is $ 17.85 per hour with paid benefits. This position is open until filled.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers