Post Date: 01/03/2019
Close Date: 01/18/2019
Position Profile: Executive Assistant to the President
$55,000 - $65,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a regular, full-time Executive Assistant to the President, who will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship built on trust and transparency.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to serve diverse audiences and achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to President/CEO; serves as a liaison to the Board of Trustees and to the senior management team; organizes and coordinates meetings and communication with board committees; and provides administrative support for the OMSI Campus development project and other special projects. As the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President, the Executive Assistant represents the culture and values of the organization. The successful candidate will enjoy people and have strong interpersonal skills, while being highly organized and detail oriented. This individual will be a creative problem-solver and enjoy working within a fast-paced, collegial environment that is mission-focused, results-driven and community oriented. The Executive Assistant will maintain the highest professional standards, with a focus on process improvement, and will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities are essential. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
What you’ll need:
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors, of diverse races, backgrounds, and abilities.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of accounting/budgeting principles, procedures and standards.
• Bachelor's Degree or professional certification appropriate to the position, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Five or more years of experience supporting C-level executives and boards, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/299816.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes on January 18, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/299816.html