Post Date: 08/07/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
We're seeking an Accountant at our Northeast Portland headquarters location. As an Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, tracking and maintaining Fixed Assets, managing the client bank accounts, performing banking tasks, leading the internal audit program, and performing account reconciliations. Additionally, you’ll be providing support to other professional Accounting and Finance staff, preparing reports, compiling data, and keeping management informed of pertinent issues.
If you're a skilled G/L accountant with an eye for reconciliations, who is excited in identifying, investigating, and problem solving balance sheet oddities, we encourage you to apply!
• Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance with 3-4 years of related experience
• Working knowledge of US GAAP
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to proactively and independently problem solve
• Detail-oriented with strong time management, organization and prioritization skills
• Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
• Experience with multiple accounting systems preferred; Financial Edge is a plus!
Apply online at AlbertinaKerr.org!
The nature of the services we provide prevents us from allowing in-person applications or inquiries. Albertina Kerr maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, or other factors protected by law. Individuals with disabilities can request accommodation in the application and employment process by contacting 503-262-0145.