Post Date: 05/07/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Position: Director of Housing Services
Supervisor: Senior Director for Programs
Location: East Portland Offices & Montavilla (varies)
Hours: Full time, Exempt (weekends and evenings as needed)
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package
The Director of Housing Services is responsible for overseeing and supporting the agency’s housing services; these programs directly help people experiencing homelessness find and retain safe, stable housing. The Director provides vision, support, and guidance for service delivery of all housing programs, including housing placement, housing retention, veterans, and quality assurance. As a member of the agency’s senior leadership team (SLT), provide program development, oversight, and supervision. Formulate programmatic budgets, oversee program expenditures, and ensure programmatic quality. Assure service contract and regulatory compliance. Coordinate service delivery in close coordination with agency programs, funders, and community partners. Engage in and support agency equity and inclusion initiatives and strategies. This is a salaried, exempt, unrepresented full-time position.
Provide day-to-day leadership, supervision and support to the housing department managers and teams. Ensure competency, quality services, employee engagement, and implementation of consistent equitable program policies and procedures
Coordinate and facilitate team meetings, retreats and other recurring staff events.
B. PROGRAM OVERSIGHT:
1. Oversee the delivery of the agency’s housing programs funded by HUD, JOHS, STRA, OHA, SSVF/VA, and private funders.
2. Direct, monitor, and evaluate all program operations, working directly with the senior leadership team to ensure program outcomes are understood and achieved, regulatory compliance standards are met, budgets are maintained, and timely, accurate and thorough documentation occurs.
3. Assist in the preparation and implementation of the housing program budgets and oversee expenditures for all program and grant budgets.
4. Develop programs, capacities, policies and procedures to meet the needs of Transition Projects participants and fulfill contractual obligations. Support and develop quality assurance plans.
C. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
1. Establish and maintain positive and productive partnerships with local providers, community partners, contract stakeholders, and others within the community.
2. Coordinate with other agencies that provide related services for Transition Projects program participants, and assure proper working relations between and among staff and programs.
3. Work with senior leaders and managers to evaluate/assess community and agency needs to develop appropriate programs and services.
4. Represent the agency to businesses, media, other agencies, and community groups as appropriate and needed.
Provide support to the Senior Director of Programs, including attendance at public meetings, completion of special projects, and other tasks as needed.
Engage in and support agency equity and inclusion initiatives and strategies
In coordination with other senior leaders, identify potentially beneficial services that could be made available to Transition Projects program participants and coordinate the design of new programs to include methodologies, outcomes, evaluation plans, and relevant partnerships.
Attend Board meetings when requested and report on the state of housing programs. Submit monthly program report for Board meetings.
Oversee facility operations for two service locations; ensure maintenance, custodial, and general office needs are met.
Other duties as assigned.