Post Date: 07/03/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Full Time, Full Benefits
Seeking Milieu Counselors to mentor adolescent girls (11-16 years) youth in a residential facility. The SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site.
Milieu Counselors guide youth, by teaching them vocational and daily living skills.
As a Milieu Counselor at SAGE you’ll make a meaningful contribution to the program and the youth served by:
• Providing individual skill building and group work as needed
• Effectively supervising the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
• Assisting in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
• Completing clinical critical incident reports as required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides individual skill building and group work as needed
• Effectively supervises the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
• Assists in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
• Completes clinical critical incident reports as required
Schedule Options: Flexible!
Shift: 10:30pm-7:00am Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat (Days Off: Sat and Mon)
Morning Shift: 6:30 am-4:30pm Sun, Mon, Thurs, Sat (Days Off: Tues, Wed, Fri)
A $1.00 /hour pay differential will be applied for hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am; for staff who work a minimum of 4 hours of the overnight shift
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year experience working with youth. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check.
• Language testing if applicable.
• Facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shift may require day, evening, overnight and weekend
Starting Pay Range:
Milieu Counselor: $14.50- $15.42
Milieu Counselor (Bilingual): $15.81-$16.81
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Milieu Counselor - SAGE
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Milieu Counselor - SAGE” and click: “Apply for Job”
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/milieu-counselor-sage/