Post Date: 11/08/2019
Close Date: 12/20/2019
POSITION: Admissions Advisor
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Admissions
UWS Admissions Advisors support prospective students through all stages of the recruitment and application processes to help the University meet its enrollment goals. Primary responsibilities include recruitment and evaluation of qualified applicants for admission to all UWS academic programs, the management of a recruitment territory, and the creation/execution of a multi-modal communication plan. The Admissions Advisor is involved with staff, faculty, administrators and students and plays an active role in the campus community.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as a member of the Admissions team to recruit and enroll qualified and motivated students to UWS academic programs.
• Advise prospective students on admissions requirements and application processes for all programs offered at UWS.
• Serve as the lead admissions representative for one or more academic programs.
• Conduct transcript evaluations and determine candidate eligibility based on university policies and accreditation guidelines.
• Proactively manage inquiry workflow and communication processes to ensure that prospective students receive timely, accurate information via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
• Collaborate with academic program directors/faculty to ensure up-to-date messaging re: program requirements and candidate eligibility.
• Represent the university at recruitment events in cities across the United States and Canada.
• Collaboratively plan, organize, and implement on- and off-campus recruitment events.
• Participate in hosting prospective student visits, campus information sessions, and other recruitment activities.
• Build and maintain relationships with health professionals and academic program advisors, counselors, and faculty at feeder institutions.
• Ensure CRM and university student information systems reflect accurate and up-to-date details on prospective students. Document all contact and communications in the CRM system.
• Gather and analyze recruitment data to support admissions goals and program effectiveness.
• Employ general knowledge of accreditation standards and licensing requirements.
• Evaluate recruitment strategies and recommend ideas for improvement. Develop professional knowledge and skills to increase personal effectiveness.
• Encourage a healthy and productive working relationship between Enrollment Services and other UWS departments.
• Assist in the creation of admissions marketing materials.
• Participate in New Student Orientation/Welcome Days.
• Practice a high standard of ethics and integrity.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.)
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Ability to plan and implement recruitment events in an organized and efficient manner.
• Enthusiasm for developing presentations and speaking in front of groups of potential applicants.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, including basic Microsoft Office functions and recruitment management database software.
• Comfortable assisting prospective students with career decisions.
• Energetic, personable, flexible, innovative and resourceful.
• Work well as a member of a team.
• Ability to self-assess and take initiative under minimal supervision.
• Be an active, independent and continuous learner.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and college admissions experience.
• Comfort with public speaking to both large and small groups
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
• Ability to clearly express ideas both orally and in writing.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of database/CRM applications encouraged. Salesforce experience preferred.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Travel required: must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Please note that University of Western States currently has two openings in the admissions department. If you are interested in both positions, please apply to each position separately.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/.
Click on the big, orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/