Post Date: 02/12/2020
Close Date: 03/02/2020
Deadline to apply: March 2, 2020 @ 5:00 pm, PST
Salary: $25.02 - $31.81 hourly
The Oregon Zoo is a unique environment, with multiple buildings, attractions, a veterinary hospital, animal habitats and complex technical systems. We are currently seeking two experienced facilities maintenance workers to perform a variety of job functions in a fun, fast-paced environment.
This position will work a regular schedule, with minimal overtime required (and overtime pay when it is). In addition, Metro offers a generous benefits package, including vacation and sick pay; retirement savings; health, dental and vision coverage; paid parental leave and more.
In this role, you will take on a variety of job assignments, from building a staircase to creating an area for waste receptacles to painting in public spaces, performing maintenance work in animal spaces and more.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three years of progressively responsible experience in a variety of skilled trades, including plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and other areas required for facilities maintenance, AND
• Trade certified or equivalent, OR
• Any combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for successful completion of the essential job duties.
• Experience working in a multi-facility campus with indoor and outdoor sites and diverse facilities systems is preferred.
• Valid driver's license with at least two years of driving history and a clean driving record.
• Medical testing and/or immunizations are required as the duties of this position may require close contact with animal areas and enclosures where animals may be present.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs