Post Date: 11/25/2019
Close Date: 12/13/2019
One full-time position is available. Schedule: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with possible Saturday assignment upon occasion.
As a program assistant for the Recycling Information Center (RIC) you'll use your project management, technical expertise, and program coordination skills to support the program's business operations. You will work in partnership with a diverse team of Recycling Specialists and Outreach Educators. The teams provide waste prevention, recycling and disposal information via community outreach events, phone, email, social media, the web, television, radio, and print media.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Three years of progressively responsible experience performing complex program administrative functions, AND
• High school diploma or G.E.D.; OR
• Any combination of education and experience that would provide the desired knowledge skills and ability required to perform the job
• Experience managing and/or coordinating multifaceted projects
• Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio)
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) resume and 3) responses to supplemental questions. Applicants may be asked to complete skills tests at Metro's office in Northeast Portland.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.