Post Date: 02/08/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: ReStore Manager
Department: Gresham ReStore
Reports to: ReStore Retail Director
Position Type: Full time, Exempt
Compensation: Starting salary $45,760 to $54,080, based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Position includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; Short-term Disability; EAP; flexible spending accounts; and matching retirement plan.
Are you interested in reuse? Committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Ready to do meaningful work that directly supports affordable housing in the Portland Metro Area? Do something you can believe in, make a difference in the world and get paid for it too: Join our Habitat ReStore team!
ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture and appliances and sells them to the public at a fraction of retail prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects.
There’s never a dull day at our fast paced, exciting ReStores. A typical shift involves loading and unloading cars and trucks, guiding volunteers, cashiering and helping customers with their awesome finds. All kinds of wonderful people make up our eclectic community-people like you who care about the environment and supporting affordable housing.
Be a part of the solution! Put your energy and enthusiasm to work for Habitat ReStores.
The ReStore manager is responsible for leadership, guidance and control of all aspects of daily operations, understanding and operating in any and all ReStore staffing positions, and representing the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity professionally and courteously in all interactions with staff, volunteers and clientele.
ReStore managers are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively.
● Operations and site maintenance: initiate, coordinate and enforce program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures, maintain stability and reputation of store by complying with legal requirements
● Safety oversight: planning and holding safety meetings, ensuring safety reports are completed, managing safety concerns in store, enforcing safety requirements and guidelines, ensuring a safe and clean environment
● Staff recruitment, selection (in collaboration with senior staff), orientation, training and scheduling
● Staff evaluation: monitor and appraise work quality, motivate, counsel, coach and discipline staff, analyze, prepare and present reviews
● Complete store operational requirements: discover and assign tasks, follow up on work results
● Fiscal responsibility: understand budget, maintain staffing levels and spending limits, analyze variances, initiate corrective actions
● Financial responsibility: maintenance and control of back banks, petty cash, cash donations and deposits
● Cash flow control: master and monitor POS system, control registers and train staff cashiers
● Reports: timely and accurate reports of expenditures, staff hours, reimbursements, marketing and others as requested
● Pricing control: research products to ensure correct pricing, collaborate with other managers on shared or common product pricing guidelines, authorize clearance sales
● Order and maintain stock of products needed for processing donations, site maintenance and safety
● In store marketing and merchandising: create and maintain promotions, displays and signage
● Maintain relationship with local community through collaboration with and support of development staff
● Maintain Portland Metro ReStores brand consistency through collaboration with development staff
● Effectively use, manage and teach volunteer management platform. Exposure to Volgistics a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Exemplary leadership skills, positive disposition and even temperament
● Proven problem solving skills, including supervising unexpected issues and emergencies
● Successful and effective management and control of all aspects of multi-faceted retail/ reuse operation
● Advanced written and verbal communication and solid basic math skills
● Courtesy and professionalism to gracefully resolve customer, donor and staff issues and complaints
● Knowledge to effectively communicate all aspects of Habitat and ReStore mission and operations
● Ability to manage with the integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Habitat
● BA or BS degree preferred; equivalent work experience will qualify
● Minimum 4 years management experience, preferably retail
● Operational experience should include hiring, performance management, scheduling, facility oversight and budget management
● Minimum 3 of years customer service experience in fast-paced retail or restaurant capacity
● Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
● Excellent reading, writing, communication and math skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
• A complete resume, including dates of employment
• A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
• Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Gresham ReStore Manager’ in the subject line. Position is open until filled. Apply early.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.pdxrestore.org/jobs