Post Date: 02/11/2020
Close Date: 02/28/2020
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2020 @ 5:00 pm, PST
Salary: $15.38 hourly
These positions are classified as variable hour. Variable hour employees cannot work more than 1,040 hours per year. The expected start date for these positions is mid-April 2020.
Do you belong at the zoo?
Do you have a positive attitude and enjoy providing customer service to guests from around the country and the world? Would you enjoy working with others who represent the diversity that the Portland community provides? Do you appreciate having a variety of job functions and being in a fast-paced setting? If you thrive in this type of work environment, the Oregon Zoo may be a perfect workplace for you.
Admissions staff perform a variety of functions that may include selling tickets, scanning tickets, greeting guests in multiple locations, acting as carousel operator, managing concert entry and seating support, assisting with field trip entry, driving a zoomer golf cart, working during special events and more. (Applicants without a valid driver's license will not be required to operate a zoomer golf cart.)
Admissions staff must be available to work in all of these jobs depending on zoo need, and must be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Schedules vary based on weather and events at the zoo, and hours increase during school breaks, holidays, summer and the ZooLights season. Training may be available after beginning employment for those interested in Stationmaster positions.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 17 years of age
• High school diploma, GED or sufficient education to demonstrate the ability to read instructions and to perform routine math calculations with accuracy
• One year of experience providing customer service in a public setting (Be sure to include this experience on your application.)
• One year of paid experience with service-level cashiering. (Be sure to include this experience on your application.)
• Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
• Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education and post-high school work experience and training that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties and responsibilities will be considered.
All finalists will be required to pass a background check.
Possession of a valid driver's license with at least two years of driving experience and a clean driving record is preferred.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position