Post Date: 11/01/2019
Close Date: 11/18/2019
The City of Gresham has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a full-time Civil Engineer 2 to join our Wastewater Treatment Plant Team in the Department of Environmental Services. The ideal candidate will have professional engineering skills, public works project experience and communication skills to effectively work with citizens, contractors, engineers and City employees.
As a Civil Engineer 2, you will perform medium to large size Wastewater Treatment Plant and wastewater pump station planning, design and construction management projects. Evaluating current Wastewater Treatment Plant processes for cost effectiveness and recommend capital or operational process modifications or changes will be typical to your work in this role. We are seeking someone who will manage the repair and replacement of systems and equipment as needed while ensuring we sustain our electrical Net Zero status at the WWTP. This position will conduct engineering studies and planning projects.
You will use your collaborative skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff, outside consultants, contractors, public works inspectors and other stakeholders on capital projects and other activities. We desire someone who is highly organized, proficient in Microsoft Office, and can effectively use internal electronic systems to perform daily work.
Your knowledge of rules, regulations and permitting associated with stormwater and wastewater systems will be highly valued. Your expertise related to environmental operating permits, generating reports such as biosolids annual reports, environmental attribute reports, air permit reporting, and required operating reports will be utilized. We are looking for someone with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills related to wastewater treatment projects to join our team.
• Broad engineering principles, practices, methods, techniques, materials and equipment related to public works projects.
• Engineering project management and engineering contract administration.
• Computer applications and uses for engineering activities.
• Effective supervisory methods and techniques. Ability to:
• Manage engineering projects effectively.
• Administer construction and engineering contracts effectively, assuring compliance with all standards and provisions.
• Design engineering projects of broad scope and complexity.
• Prepare clear and precise reports of a technical nature.
• Provide technical support and training in the uses of computers and software applications.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, contractors, developers and the public.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering and
• Four years of professional engineering experience preferably related to public works.
• Professional Engineering License (PE)
• Valid Driver's License
• Demonstrated experience with planning, design and construction at a wastewater treatment plant
Complete details: www.GreshamOregon.gov/jobs