Post Date: 08/07/2019
Close Date: 08/19/2019
The Conveyance Systems Department - Development Related Services, is seeking an Engineering Technician 2-Systems Planning. This position performs journey-level through advanced engineering tasks associated with the location, drafting, design, review, permitting, construction, and inspection of engineering projects. Performs inspection of vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure and low impact development approaches.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Explain District policies, procedures, and requirements regarding permitting, review, approval, and inspection of developer-installed storm sewer facilities, vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure, low impact development approaches, and erosion control; research and answer complex questions regarding District policies, procedures, and requirements regarding permitting, review, and approval of developer projects.
2. Perform responsible field work including inspection and approval of developer-installed vegetated and structural stormwater management facilities, green infrastructure, low impact development approaches, vegetated corridor restoration, and erosion control measures; issue enforcement actions for sites found to be in violation of Agency ordinances and specifications; perform pre-development investigation and evaluation of physical site, vegetated corridor, and water quality sensitive area conditions; assist with field surveying for design.
3. Draft moderately complex design and construction drawings, layout maps, LID illustrations, topographic and location maps, graphics, and other materials using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and Geographic Information System (GIS) software.
4. Conduct research and perform basic engineering calculations for collection system design projects and studies.
5. Perform preliminary and basic technical review of developer project plans and calculations for conformance with District standards.
6. Input and maintain computerized data relating to permits, GIS, MMIS, TV inspection reports, projects, infrastructure inventory, and inspections.
•Moderately complex civil engineering design and construction principles, practices, and standards
•GIS and mapping
•Principles and practices of erosion control, construction, inspection and maintenance of green infrastructure and low impact development
•Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws and regulations as they apply to conveyance systems and erosion control
•Reading and interpreting complex topographic, location, and property record maps
•Reading and interpreting complex utility layouts, design and construction drawings, illustrations, and other graphics
•Manual drafting techniques
•Use of computers and computer software for basic computer-aided design and drafting, GIS database management, word processing, spreadsheets, and for office applications
•Performing mathematical computations
•Maintain accurate records
•Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including District and other government officials, builders, developers, and the general public
•Operate effectively in a team environment
•Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledges, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required KSAs for Engineering Technician 2 would be:
Responsible experience which includes design, technical review or construction inspection of storm sewer, green infrastructure, low impact development or treatment plant facilities.
College-level coursework in green infrastructure, low impact development, civil environmental engineering, materials science, construction technology or a related field.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Upon selection, candidate must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver's license.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in any phase of the application process should contact Human Resources at 503.681.3600 or TDD 503.681.3601.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clean Water Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, age, uniformed service, sexual orientation or disability in the admission or access to the recruitment process or any aspect of employment.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cws
Complete details: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cws