Post Date: 06/28/2019
Close Date: 08/01/2019
TITLE: Universal Banker
REPORTS TO: Branch Operations Supervisor
CATEGORY: Full Time
SHIFT: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
MEAL/BREAKS: One (1) paid 15 minute break per four (4) hours worked, and one (1) unpaid sixty (60) minute meal break.
Meet and greet each client as he/she enters the Branch. Identify the needs of clients and prospects for a variety of general banking services through a pro-active, needs-based sales approach. Establish customer rapport and trust by projecting an attitude of "friendly professionalism", in order to exceed the client’s expectations. Assumes responsibility and is accountable for adherence to Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
1. Greet each client as they enter the in branch lobby. Offer banking products, services, and/or direct clients to proper area. Refer clients to Lending Advisor or appropriate team member.
2. Be knowledgeable about and able to efficiently deliver a variety of general banking products and services. Assist and direct retail clients in a friendly and courteous manner. Counsel clients on Bank services, assisting in the selection of those services best suited to their needs while offering other bank services as appropriate.
3. Effectively identify existing clients/families who appear to be reasonable prospects for additional Bank products/services; pro-actively communicate with those clients to ask for additional business.
4. Be knowledgeable in processing savings, checking, and loan transactions with limited assistance. Post transactions and information to computer system and balance general ledger from the previous day's work.
5. Cash checks according to policy.
6. Provide operational support by balancing vault cash, processing cash shipments, performing certifications, ordering checks, and sending/receiving wires.
7. Have a good understanding of the balancing process in order to balance cash drawer, reconcile daily transactions, and prepare end-of day deposits with limited supervision. If cash is over or short, post the transactions needed to balance in over/short.
8. Process VISA cash advances.
9. Understand the Bank's Customer Information File (CIF) system, and be able to maintain signature card files and report discrepancies to the Senior Client Services Officer or the Compliance/Risk Officer.
10. Be able to explain online banking services to new or existing clients.
11. Be familiar with Bank policies and procedures, FPS Banking System, and other computer-based systems as outlined in the Policy Manual.
12. Operate computer terminal or personal computer to provide customer service assistance to include, but not limited to, stop payment orders, monetary transfers, address changes, changes to account ownership and/or account signer(s), account research, and bill pay services within given authority.
13. Respond to inquiries or refer inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibit the necessary follow through with clients and/or colleagues involved.
14. Assume responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepare reports for management.
15. Ensures all related paper file systems are maintained so that necessary documents can be found easily, and documentation is consistent and complete.
16. Assist Client Services Advisors with opening accounts across all product lines. Provide documentation and follow up support as needed to ensure that all needs are met.
17. Assist with administering client accounts by opening and/or closing certificates of deposit, personal and business accounts, and safe deposit boxes, collecting all required documentation to ensure compliance with Bank, BSA, and Patriot Act requirements.
18. Assist with monitoring and tracking client portfolios to further deepen banking relationship via additional products and services.
1. Assume responsibility for various department functions in the absence of team members or in overload situations.
2. Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
3. Completes assigned Compliance Training. Maintains Compliance with the Bank’s BSA/AML policies and procedures.
1. Provides excellent personal customer service to all internal and external clients.
2. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
3. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; contributes to the overall profitability of the Bank through cost controls and expense monitoring.
4. Applies good judgment in decision making and sees beyond immediate assignments and acts on opportunities and problem areas.
5. Performs position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
6. Works according to established schedules, arriving on time and with a positive attitude.
7. Supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
8. Any other duties as defined by management.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
1. Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, managers, and colleagues.
2. One (1) year Teller cash-handling and customer service experience.
3. Professional and personable presentation, with the ability to maintain a high level of energy.
4. Team oriented.
5. Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, speak clearly to clients, colleagues, directors, and shareholders.
6. Good attention to detail.
7. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and processes.
8. Intermediate computer operation skills - to meet production needs of the position.
9. Good organizational and time management skills.
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties and to handle confidential information with discretion.
11. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
DESIREABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Limited knowledge of banking products, policies, operations, and regulations, including checking and savings accounts, as obtained through previous new accounts and/or sales experience in a financial institution.
1. Repetitive use of hands such as grasping, twisting/turning of wrists, and finger dexterity necessary to perform various clerical duties such as typing, writing and maintaining files.
2. Frequent use of arms such as pushing/pulling to open and close drawers and cabinets.
3. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time at assigned station.
4. Ability to bend and/or reach, and to occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
5. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less for normal processing of work.
Complete details: https://www.sbko.bank/about/career-opportunities/