Post Date: 09/09/2019
Close Date: 09/20/2019
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while selling tickets for various events at the Portland'5 Centers for the Arts in downtown Portland.
Multiple part-time positions are available. We have a variety of shift hours from weekday, day hours to event shifts 3-4 hours long in the evening and on weekends. The hours will fluctuate depending on event shifts available and the time of the year.
Portland'5 Centers for the Arts (formerly the Portland Center for the Performing Arts) is a leader in expert venue management, overseeing the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Keller Auditorium and Antoinette Hatfield Hall, which includes the Brunish Theatre, the Newmark Theatre and the Dolores Winningstad Theatre.
Home to arts organizations such as Oregon Ballet Theatre, the Oregon Symphony and the Portland Opera, it’s among the largest performing arts centers in the US with approximately 1,000 performances and 900,000 attendees annually and generates an average of $60 million in regional spending and more than 700 jobs each year. The five theatres at Portland'5 have showcased countless events over the years including Broadway shows, concerts, comedy shows, plays, children's theatre, lectures, dance and much more. We are purposeful in presenting our diverse community with meaningful performing arts performances and spaces that are welcoming and accessible to everyone.
At Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• High school level math and spelling skills.
• One year experience handling money and dealing directly with the general public in a high volume situation.
• One year experience computer/typing; or any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
• Previous ticket selling experience, and knowledge and experience with Paciolan is preferred.
• Must be available to work a variety of days, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. The schedule worked will primarily be 3-4 hours in the evening (starting time near 5:15 p.m.), and on weekends, usually not more than one or two shifts per week.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer