Post Date: 01/17/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Title of Position: Senior Manager of Sales & Audience Development
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Pay/Benefits: Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Portland Opera's benefit package includes: 100% employer paid medical and dental premiums for employee only, life insurance, LTD, generous paid time off and holiday pay. In addition, our benefits include perks like two complimentary tickets to each of our opera productions and free parking at our Hampton Opera Center location.
Location: Portland Opera’s Hampton Opera Center, just south of OMSI in Portland Oregon
Description of Responsibilities: The Senior Manager of Sales and Audience Development is focused on Portland Opera’s success with strategic sales goals and campaigns, audience development strategies, and patron services.
The Senior Manager of Sales and Audience Development is responsible for subscriber relations; continual improvement of paths to purchase and customer experiences; audience development and outreach; brand consistency and more. In this role, you will develop and build all subscription, group sales, and single ticket sales initiatives, in support of departmental goals and campaigns; maintain the overall hygiene of the customer/donor management database; track goals and campaigns with accurate and timely reports; and utilize segmentation strategies for customer lists to support marketing, development, communications, and sales functions. The Senior Manager of Sales and Audience Development is responsible for setting Portland Opera’s pricing agenda, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and the Manager of Patron Services, including strategizing and facilitating dynamic pricing initiatives and inventory management for all productions.
Summary of Duties:
Patron Services & Sales Administration
Oversees patron service operations in key areas to ensure excellent customer service, data integrity and inventory controls, and internal fiduciary controls. Leads the team to achieve revenue goals, best practices with ticketing functions, and outbound sales operations.
• Leads team in preparing sales campaigns, forecasts, measurable benchmarks, and reports to meet or exceed earned revenue goals on a performance, production, and annual basis.
• Leads all aspects of human resource management and performance management as appropriate for the division, working closely with the Manager of Patron Services to oversee team schedules, goals, staffing resources, policies, and professional success.
• Collaborate with Administration/Finance to conduct routine, random audits of sales transactions to ensure adherence to appropriate policies and the collection of appropriate data.
• Controls and manages all inventory and product packaging across ticketing functions-overseeing general maintenance of the customer database, pricing, inventory, and paths to purchase.
• Serves as an advocate for Portland Opera patrons and is driven to ensure an excellent patron experience at all levels of connection with the company.
Audience Development & Marketing
Contributes to marketing plans for audience development and community engagement
• Designs and executes audience development strategies with the marketing team; including meaningful evaluation of data and trends; segmentation strategies, and community partnerships.
• Actively contributes to the development and execution of: subscription campaigns, production marketing plans, annual departmental plans, and the company's strategic plan.
• Employs, recommends on reports on pricing strategies, and sales trends.
• Supports the community engagement work of Portland Opera by managing partnership ticketing opportunities, development sponsorship ticketing needs, and more.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should forward resume and cover letter to OperaJobs@portlandopera.org Please, no phone calls
For information about Portland Opera and to review the complete job description and requirements for this position, please visit our website at https://www.PortlandOpera.org/employment/
ABOUT PORTLAND OPERA
Our mission is to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. POA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.