Post Date: 09/04/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Vice President, Member Relations and Strategic Partnerships
Oregon Business & Industry, Oregon’s largest statewide business association, seeks a dynamic and strategic leader to oversee its membership development and engagement efforts. The successful candidate will oversee member engagement, membership sales and strategic partnership engagement for OBI’s statewide operations. The successful candidate will have a track record in successful business-to-business sales, program development and execution and effective team leadership. Compensation will include a generous base salary with the opportunity to earn through a performance-based commission and bonus structure.
This position is a key leadership position at OBI, reporting to the President/CEO. The employee will be responsible for designing and implementing a statewide member engagement program, as well as a membership dues strategy that relates member value to annual payments. The employee also will be responsible for membership sales, with an opportunity to earn commissions based on personally accomplished membership sales, as well as the sales accomplished by members of the membership team. Additionally, the employee will be responsible for membership retention goals and will design a program to measure and track dues and member retention.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement statewide member outreach program
• Build a strategic partnership program that teams OBI with partners throughout Oregon
• Serve on the OBI senior staff team; work with the policy and communications staffs to ensure member feedback is considered as part of the OBI policy agenda
• Grow membership revenues through direct sales of memberships and sales by others on OBI staff
• Manage membership sales team, achieving annual goals for new revenue and revenue retention
• Develop and implement dues structure, sales plan and sales collateral
• Develop and manage strategic relationship with OBI partners, including Oregon chambers of commerce, partner business associations, local economic development agencies and others
• Manage HealthChoice Trust, including board of directors’ meetings, contractor relationships, member engagement, health plan sales administration, audit, accounting, etc.
• Develop statewide relationships with insurance agencies to expand CompSafe and HealthChoice Trust sales opportunities
• Minimum five years’ experience leading a sales/customer relations effort and demonstrated management capability
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proven to be dependable and prompt
• Ability to build and maintain strategic partnerships internally and externally
About Oregon Business & Industry
Oregon Business & Industry is Oregon’s largest and most influential comprehensive business association advocating for a strong economy and a healthy, prosperous and competitive Oregon. Members participate with other business leaders committed to growing Oregon’s economy, quality jobs for our citizens, and healthy communities. OBI also offers members money-saving services.
• Medical and Dental coverage
• Generous paid time off and paid holidays
• Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, please email your resume and cover letter to Katie Koenig at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete details: https://www.oregonbusinessindustry.com/redesign/job-openings/