Post Date: 05/13/2019
Close Date: 05/29/2019
Close Date: 5/29/2019
Salary: $4,514 - $6,590 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention (HPCDP) Section in Portland, OR is recruiting for an Arthritis Program Community Liaison to provide technical expertise to Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention staff, local public health departments, tribes, community organizations, voluntary agencies and other chronic disease prevention partners. The HPCDP section focuses on best practices for promoting and supporting optimal health for all Oregonians. The section tackles chronic disease prevention with a comprehensive, community-wide approach to help people eat better, move more, live tobacco free, and take care of themselves. This means achieving better health, better care, and lower health care costs for all Oregonians.
What will you do?
As the Arthritis Program Community Liaison, you will provide expertise to agency staff, partners and stakeholders with implementing and evaluating interventions at the community and organization level which promote community norms change, decrease tobacco use, reduce excessive alcohol use, increase physical activity, assure access to healthy foods, and promote access to chronic disease self-management programs through community-clinical linkages.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to promote the health of all Oregonians. Do you have experience coordinating health promotion programs? Do you have experience developing and maintaining relationships with partners? Are you experience in training and public speaking? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health or a related field plus two years of experience coordinating a public health program OR possess five years of experience coordinating a public health program
• Experience planning and providing training and technical assistance to diverse populations
• Experience using training tools and agendas
• Experience creating and maintaining partnerships among constituencies
• Experience providing guidance and motivation to outside partners
• Experience monitoring programs for compliance and quality assurance
• Experience in public speaking with demonstrated professionalism, confidence and poise
• Experience with project management, which included organization and planning skills
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions: