Post Date: 02/03/2020
Close Date: 02/28/2020
Lead Milieu Counselor
Full- Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1185
The Lead Milieu Counselor supervises youth in the milieu of an intensive treatment program providing support and guidance for daily living skills. Responsibilities include providing both program and transitional support and intervention to youth in placement. The Lead Milieu Counselor strives to sustain a strong leadership role amongst the Milieu Counselors and provides leadership during time a supervisor is not on site.
About the Program:
Our SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site. The program serves vulnerable youth in the CSEC population by providing a safe and secure setting in which they can experience Support, Achieve their goals, Grow, and become Empowered.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a social service or field or equivalent education, training and experience
• 2 years’ experience working with youth. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email
• Leadership experience or training preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal background check
• Must remain awake during shift
• Must me agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Lead Milieu Counselors: $16.68 - $17.73
Lead Milieu Counselors (Bilingual): $18.11 - $19.33
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through a website without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Lead Milieu Counselor” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/lead-milieu-counselor/