Post Date: 03/15/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is a congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates who are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts.
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for various administrative functions under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. This position assists by providing general administrative assistance to the CFO and performing various accounting and administrative tasks for the Province Finance Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides general administrative assistance to the CFO, including preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings, doing mailings and filing.
2. Opens, sorts and distributes daily Finance Office mail.
3. Prepares checks for Charitable Trust account on the QuickBooks system several times per week; performs monthly reconciliation of checking account.
4. Responsible for preparation of monthly billings to related entities and tracking receipt of monthly and periodic payments.
5. Assists CFO with correspondence related to checking and credit card accounts, including paperwork for new accounts, account updates and monitoring account balances.
6. Coordinates certificate of insurance requests with insurance broker.
7. Receives monthly invoices from facilities, updates spreadsheets and prepares invoices for CFO approval.
8. Assists with special projects as assigned, including periodically assisting in the preparation of Power Point presentations, charts and graphs.
9. Performs data entry of selected accounting transactions to the MIP general ledger system, such as income from Sisters’ ministries and monthly transfers to Sisters’ accounts.
10. Updates various Excel spreadsheets of statistical and financial information.
11. Serves as backup to the Coordinator of Sister services for various tasks relating to vehicles, including accident management, registration renewal processing and reassignment of vehicles within the fleet.
12. Responsible for overseeing the filing system in the Finance Office and preparing materials to go to offsite storage.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma with post-secondary coursework in accounting preferred.
Experience: Two to four years of experience in office administration work, with one to three years of practical experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
2. Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
3. Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
4. Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite skills including: Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
5. Demonstrates ability to read record and utilize number sequences with speed and accuracy.
6. Demonstrates excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
7. Ability to be involved with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality of such information.
8. Must be approachable, and demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the midst of change or when re-directed.
9. Must possess excellent organizational skills and to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely, thorough, manner.
The above description generally reflects the primary functions of the position. The above statements shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be required for the position.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401K plan, and paid time off.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://snjm.catsone.com/careers. Click “Apply Now” to complete and submit the online application