Post Date: 01/29/2020
Close Date: 03/01/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at one of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers in Milwaukie, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) works as a member of a multidisciplinary outpatient team to assess clients for risk, mental health and chemical dependency diagnoses, and treatment readiness while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Licensed Clinical Social Worker understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. Clinicians provide therapeutic mental health and addictions treatment to clients, and complete client assessments, often in a community based setting. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker develops or assists in the development of treatment plans tailored to each client’s needs. The clinician maintains documentation associated with client contacts, consultation, and treatment strategies, tracking for referents, etc. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker works with others both inside and outside of Cascadia to assure that assigned clients are receiving the care and support necessary to reach treatment goals.
- A current unrestricted credential of Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Oregon required. The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Master’s Degree and License given the high co-occurrence between substance use/abuse and mental health. Demonstrate competencies required to be credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
- Experience with chronic health conditions preferred.
- Ability to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understanding of recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery
- Thorough knowledge of evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course. Employee must be approved to provide transportation utilizing agency vehicles so that residents may access the community.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)