Post Date: 03/06/2020
Close Date: 04/17/2020
Classes Bus Driver
Special Project, Part-Time
5 Positions Available, Scheduled to work 30 hours per week June 2020 – August 2020.
Are you an experienced and safe bus driver looking for summer work? Come join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry! This position transports students for our summer classes. You’ll also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for the safe transportation of students to field trip sites around Oregon and Washington.
• Responsible for student management while on the road.
• Responsible for all paperwork and minor maintenance associated with the operation of school buses.
What you’ll need:
• Ability to follow basic instructions.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral, including both students and staff.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Excellent coordination and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of driving a bus and/or van.
• Minimum two (2) years experience driving school bus
• Valid class B commercial driver’s license (with passenger and air brake endorsements) with a clean driving record.
• Current CPR and first aid certification (training can be provided at cost of employee).
• Pre-employment checks such as a criminal background check, reference checks, requirements in the MVR Policy including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check and Alcohol & Drug Test for the CDL Drivers Policy, including pre-employment drug test.
• $14.81 - $17.12 per hour, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423642.html to learn more and apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423642.html