Post Date: 11/29/2018
Close Date: 01/03/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Substance Use Disorder Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Hooper Detoxification Center/Eastside Concern
SALARY: $120,000-$141,000/Annually DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (with light evening/weekend compensated on-call coverage)
The psychiatric nurse practitioner practices both within the Hooper detoxification center, and throughout Central City Concerns outpatient substance use disorder services continuum. Responsibilities of the psychiatric nurse practitioner include clinical practice within a deeply established Residential Detoxification and Stabilization Unit and the provision of Psychiatric consultation, and longitudinal psychiatric and substance use disorders care among one or two additional clinical sites within the Central City Concern continuum. Specific clinical duties include: the performance of admissions H&P's to Hooper detoxification center, conducting psychiatric evaluation of patients, prescribing and managing medications including the full-spectrum of MAT medications such as buprenorphine, providing crisis intervention and suicide assessment and intervention, providing brief psychotherapy interventions including motivational interviewing, and providing consultation to other CCC SUDS practitioners. Paid on-call time is light and shared among the SUDS clinical team for clinical management of patients in the detoxification unit.
1. Bachelor's degree in nursing and Master's degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing from State Board of Nursing approved schools of nursing
2. Current license to practice nursing in Oregon and certified as a PMHNP by the Oregon State Board of Nursing and National certification.
3. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
4. Current CPR certification or must obtain within one month if not current.
5. Must have full prescriptive powers in Oregon with a DEA number.
6. Must have a DEA DATA waiver (X-DEA number) or have completed the training and received your DATA waiver within 90 days of hire.
7. Must be physically able to walk and climb stairs several times a day.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
9. Must be able to work within an integrated, multidisciplinary setting.
10. Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
11. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs