Post Date: 11/07/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Manager with Solutions Development experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As the Solutions Development and Delivery Manager, you will conduct analysis, planning, development, implementation and coordination for the definition, development, operations, maintenance, installation and construction of service-oriented information or data systems and provide consultation to executive management and professional IT staff.
In this role, you must develop and maintain strong relationships with the business/functional units, have a sound understanding of their business, goals, mission and business drivers. You will make business decisions on IT services, support, and products; and ensure the understanding of the impacts and investments required to achieve desired IT results.
Additionally, you will implement the strategy and solutions roadmap to ensure application development and support services are available and reliable to enable DHA/OHA business functions.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an IT Manager with Solutions Development experience, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified as management services, supervisory and is not represented by a union.
This position will be located in Portland at 800 NE Oregon Street.
Six years of experience in supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work. Two years of this experience must have included supervision and management of a program, section, or unit which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
(NOTE: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent course work (144 quarter or 96 semester hours) in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration, or a field related to the program of the employing agency, may be substituted for three years of the required experience, but will not substitute for the two years of specialized experience.)
• Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Ability to demonstrate experience managing or leading a technical team.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• 2-5 years of experience identifying and achieving goals and objectives as a leader of a team.
• Experience with tactical planning.
• Experience building consensus with staff, customers, partners and vendors to realize agreed upon outcomes.
• Ability to listen effectively, read between the lines and confront possible problems proactively.
• Experience providing performance feedback and developing employees.
• Knowledge and understanding of common technical frameworks such as SDLC, ITIL, ITSM, lean, DevOps, PMBOK etc.
• Strong organizational skills to multi-task between projects, tasks and daily routines.
• Ability to assess a situation, analyze the relevant data and consider risks before signing off on an action.
• Strong working knowledge of project management, resource management and cost/benefit analysis.
• Experience with Microsoft Technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.