Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/22/2019
State School Nurse Consultant (PHN2)
Close Date: 5/22/2019
Salary: $5,088 - $7,458 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Adolescent, Genetics & Reproductive Health (AGRH) Section, Adolescent and School Health Program in Portland, OR is recruiting for a State School Nurse Consultant (Public Health Nurse 2) to provide nursing leadership to support effective school health services in Oregon. The Adolescent and School Health Program improves the quality of health services and health education provided to Oregon youth; provides partners with opportunities to build capacity, learn new information, and improve practice in order to better support the needs of Oregon youth; and illuminates the strengths and needs of Oregon youth through the collection, analysis and dissemination of accurate and timely data.
What will you do?
As the State School Nurse Consultant, you will develop and promote quality standards for school health service programs that reflect current school nursing practices and provide technical assistance and support to school nurses and provide leadership to foster a better understanding among educators, public health professionals, parents and the general public regarding the relationship between health status and a student’s capacity to learn.
The State School Nurse Consultant will be an integral team member of the Oregon Public Health Division Adolescent and School Health Unit and will work in close collaboration with School-Based Health Center (SBHC) State Program Office staff and school health staff with the Oregon Department of Education.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to promote health services to students in Oregon. Are you an Oregon Licensed Registered Nurse? Do you have experience working as a school nurse? Do you have experience developing school nursing policies? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in nursing and five years of recent (within the last ten years) nursing experience, which includes two years of nurse supervising, administrative or teaching experience OR a Master's degree in either nursing or public health and four years of recent (within the last ten years) nursing experience, which includes two years of nurse supervising, administrative, or teaching experience.
• Current unencumbered Oregon Registered Nursing License is required.
• Recent experience as a school nurse, within the last 10 years is preferred.
• Experience directly related to developing school nursing policies.
• Demonstrated understanding of health service delivery in school settings.
• Experience in developing and implementing a public health-related quality assurance program.
• Experience collaborating with health and education policymakers and community organizations.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions: