Post Date: 09/05/2019
Close Date: 10/04/2019
POSITION: Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Strategic Communications
The Portland Business Alliance, a 501(c)(6) organization, is the Greater Portland Chamber of Commerce and the leading voice for business in the region. The Alliance advocates for business at all levels of government to support commerce, community health and the region’s overall prosperity. We also offer a variety of networking events and professional development opportunities to connect and foster growth in our region’s business community.
The Portland Business Alliance’s marketing and communications coordinator supports the engagement and promotion of our diverse and growing membership and array of events and special projects.
• Plan, produce and distribute member-facing communication that encourages engagement and involvement in events and promotes membership growth.
• Conceptualize, write & manage content for events, membership and other special projects, as needed.
• Collaborate and plan seasonal membership campaigns and event promotion, utilizing external advertising partnerships.
• Coordinate and maintain email campaigns, planning and designing for target audiences.
• Draft materials including, talking points, scripts, Q&A, programs, presentations and other items, as needed.
• Plan, develop and moderate event and member-focused content for social media channels.
• Attend and participate in internal and external meetings relating to promoting membership and events.
• Other duties and projects, as assigned by the President and CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with [customers/ coworkers] and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Skilled communicator with a good understanding of member engagement and event promotion.
• Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive marketing & communications plans and programs to address strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
• Working knowledge of digital analytics and UX best practices preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Spark, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Strong writing skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Respectfully takes direction from Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, journalism or related field, or three years successful experience in nonprofit or private sector membership engagement and event promotion.
• A well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of tasks and requests while maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
• Excellent customer satisfaction; focused and responsive to clients.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to understand, interpret and write about complex topics.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
• Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
The Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Salary range: $42,000 - $44,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.