Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 11/17/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a part time position at 28 hours per week, located at a residential treatment facility in Wilsonville, OR. The schedule is flexible with three days per week, currently Tuesday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm.
The Case Manager works as a member of interdisciplinary teams to implement and monitor treatment for residents within the residential facilities, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Counselor III understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting. Flexibility is required.
- A Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OAR’s. The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Master’s Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse.
- A minimum of three years of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Ability to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understanding of criminality and criminogenic risk factors
- Understanding of recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery, evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Proficiency in operating computer hardware and software (including EMR software)
- Ability to enter and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Activities and structure support community integration assist program residents in learning socially acceptable behaviors. Employee must be approved to provide transportation utilizing agency vehicles so that residents may access the community. The Case Manager must also have the ability to assist residents in participating in a variety of active leisure and recreational events, as well as skill building outings and accessing community resources.
- Occasionally stooping, lifting 20 to 50 lbs, climbing (stairs), crouching, reaching and running
- Regular sitting, Standing, walking, and Keyboarding
- Constant visual and auditory
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)