Post Date: 11/27/2018
Close Date: 12/11/2018
POSITION TITLE: BUS MONITOR
DEPARTMENT: HEAD START
OPEN DATE: NOVEMBER 27, 2018
REPORTS TO: TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
CLOSE DATE: DECEMBER 11, 2018
WORK LOCATION: WASHINGTON COUNTY, OR
HIRING RANGE: $13.00-14.30 HOURLY
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL-TIME (RFT)
FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: 0.73
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 32-40
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: AUGUST-MAY
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 0
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
Special Note on Central Background Registry Requirement:
In order to be offered any position within our Head Start program, you must be currently enrolled in Oregon’s Central Background Registry. If you are not currently enrolled, you may still be considered for this position, but no offer of employment may be extended to you until this requirement has been completed. For information on how to enroll in Oregon’s Central Background Registry, please visit www.childcareinoregon.org or call the Office of Child Care at 1.800.556.6616.
In support of the Agency’s mission, the Bus Monitor is responsible for the care and safety of preschool children while riding the bus to and from the classroom. The position is responsible for performing assigned duties in accordance with program policies, procedures and safety regulations. This work requires building a relationship with the children, parents and classroom staff which is sensitive to their needs and which respects individual differences, cultural backgrounds, and current circumstances. This is an entry level position in the Head Start program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Rides the bus daily to ensure children are picked up from and delivered to home and the classroom in accordance with program policies and procedures.
• Ensure that children are always accounted for and are correctly released to their parents or authorized guardians.
• Ensures that children are appropriately fastened into their seats during the ride and maintains a safe, healthy, orderly environment at all times.
• Use developmentally appropriate guidance and discipline according to program policy and procedures.
• Interact with parents in ways that will create a positive link between home and school, and support parents as the primary educators of their children.
• Maintain confidentiality according to program policy.
• Assists driver with completing the route on time and as scheduled.
• Adheres to all applicable safety rules and regulations (program specific, state and federal).
• Works collaboratively with peers to keep the bus clean and organized.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must complete Bus Monitor Training within 30 days of hire.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable background and Oregon Central Background Registry checks prior to new hire processing and beginning actual employment.
• Completion of appropriate Fit for Duty and TB Testing according to Head Start regulations prior to date of hire.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish, written and verbal.
• Previous employment working with children ages 3-5.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
• First Aid/CPR Certification acquired within 30 days from date of hire.
• Oregon Food Handler Card acquired within 30 days from date of hire.
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work is conducted mostly on a bus or outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Occasional phone use.
• Occasional use of video terminal and keyboarding.
• Hours of operation are primarily between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and occasional evenings.
• Daily interaction with children and teaching staff in a preschool classroom.
• Constant contact with children and the public.
• Physical ability to move quickly in order to redirect children for the purpose of insuring a child’s safety or the safety of others in the environment.
• Ability to respond appropriately both physically and mentally to an emergency or crisis situation, such as to provide CPR and/or First Aid to a pre-school age child, to evacuate a building, school bus, etc.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk __4__ hrs/day; may sit _8_ hrs/day; may drive __8 hrs/week; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _8_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb frequently. Frequent kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor or in small chairs.
• Work is sedentary, occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Occasional lifting of a child weighing up to 60 lbs.
• May require walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
All current Community Action employees are encouraged to apply for openings at Community Action which they are interested in. For current employees, some qualifications may be met by an equivalent combination or education and experience at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits: All regular full-time (RFT) status positions of 0.50 full-time equivalent or higher are eligible for our outstanding benefits package including:
• Generous paid sick and vacation time
• 12 0bserved holidays
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• Free life and long term disability insurance
• Medex travel assistance
• Employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Rich and diverse mission-based working environment
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/944636.html