Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Mental Health & Addiction Counselor, QMHP/CADC
DEPARTMENT: Imani Center
REPORTS TO: Director of African American Services
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Mental Health & Addiction Counselor, QMHP/CADC works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that provides mental health and addictions outpatient treatment services to African American individuals. Imani offers a range of outreach based, integrated, culturally specific services including mental health, substance use, and case management. The team works to address all treatment needs, including preventative services, crisis management, substance use treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing. All these services will promote & support emotional well-being, mental health and healthy identity, in order to engage, maintain and successfully transition individuals in the African American community into sustained recovery and self-sufficiency.
1. Master's degree in a human services field and one year experience in mental health and must meet State guidelines for QMHP.
2. Minimum certification of CADC I or able to obtain within 6 months.
3. Experience with culturally specific outpatient mental health services required.
4. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
5. Has the competencies necessary to:
a. Identify precipitating events;
b. Gather histories of mental, emotional and physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts;
c. Assess family, social and work relationships
d. Conduct a mental status assessment
e. Document a multi-axial DSM diagnosis
f. Write and implement or supervise implementation of a treatment plan
g. Conduct and document a mental health assessment
h. Provide mental health treatment and rehabilitative services within ones scope of practice
6. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
7. Must become a certified Director’s Custody designee in Multnomah County within the first 6 months of hire.
8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
9. Must have reliable access to transportation for regular outreach activities. If using a vehicle for agency use: Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy; pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training; and maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
10. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
11. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
12. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
13. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
14. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY: Check out the full job description and apply at:
You must apply on the website and upload your resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs