Post Date: 12/06/2017
Close Date: 12/27/2017
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Analyst with Powerbuilder Development experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do!
As a Systems Analyst you will provide functional and technical requirements documentation, systems analysis, design and development, strategic planning and project coordination support to DHS Self Sufficiency Program (SSP), the TRACS software application and other Internet, Intranet, Extranet, client-server and database solutions.
In this role, your efforts will include a focus on the design, development and implementation of SSP projects per agency policies, procedures, processes, and standards.
You primary responsibilities will include: assisting with requirements gathering and analysis, feasibility analysis, creation and support of business database access software (both client and server); development, implementation and maintenance of business reporting software; project and system planning, design and development of new systems.
In this position, you will prepare information technology (IT) reports, help develop presentations for delivery by other staff, and provide project coordination. The position's emphasis is on system support and maintenance, but will require programming depending on current project priorities. Strong customer (internal and external) orientation, and excellent communication and analytical skills are required.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Systems Analyst with Powerbuilder Development experience, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in Powerbuilder Development.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Powerbuilder Development.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Application development experience with one or more enterprise-level Object Oriented languages.
• Experience with enterprise RDMS.
• Experience using Stored Procedures.
• Strong working knowledge of software development methods including analysis, design and programming standards and techniques.
• Experience analyzing and validating user requirements.
• Experience with PowerBuilder version 12.6 or above.
• Experience with PowerBuilder interfaces to Mainframe environments.
• Experience using DB2.
• Experience in developing systems specifications.
• Experience writing technical documentation.
• Experience testing and debugging information programs and systems.
• Expertise in structured information systems design and development on multiple technology platforms.
• Experience in Mainframe environment with Cobol-based applications.
• Experience in Unix environment and with Cron.