Post Date: 11/05/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Inside Sales Representative
Reports to: Vice President, Sales
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Status: Full Time/Non - Exempt
Date Written/Revised: October 2019
Learning.com is a national leader in providing digital literacy solutions that help prepare students for online assessments, school, college, and their future careers. The company offers a complete digital literacy curriculum for grades K-8 that engages students as they develop critical skills such as keyboarding, business applications, online safety, computational thinking, and coding. Founded in 1999, Learning.com currently partners with one in six U.S. school districts and serves more than 4 million students each year. The company has earned more than 30 industry awards, including ISTE 2017 Best of Show, 2017 Award of Excellence from "Tech & Learning Magazine", and "The Oregonian’s Top Workplace” for 2018, 2017, and 2016.
Responsible for full account management in assigned territory. Maintain strong relationships with customers and prospective customers. Responsible for monitoring and managing sales activity for all assigned territory with a focus on new business development /growth and upselling using extensive product and technology knowledge and strategic selling skills. Majority of sales contact is by phone and/or other remote technologies.
• Achieve sales objectives, with focus on developing new business and upselling current customers in all assigned territory.
• Maintain excellent customer relations
• Follow up on leads generated from marketing related activities
• Have high comfort with cold calling accounts
• Provide consistent territory coverage based on assigned geography and opportunity by proactively placing outbound calls to technology and instruction decision makers. Present Learning.com solutions to educators and administrators over the phone and on-line using WebEx
• Participate in group and individual sales training programs and apply techniques in the performance of initiating sales efforts within assigned territory
• Maintain and develop skills in the areas of product knowledge, industry knowledge, education funding, competitive products, technology, customer relations, strategic selling techniques and Learning.com systems
• Maintain accurate prospecting / opportunity / account information in Learning.com’s CRM (Salesforce)
• Perform administrative responsibilities; record keeping, reporting, customer database maintenance, corresponding and communicating pertinent information
• Maintain open communications with Team Lead and cross-functional team members to coordinate efforts of sales, marketing, finance, implementation support and development
• Participate in team meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Individual Contributor
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, education or equivalent experience required
• 2-5 years of software sales or marketing experience preferably in the K12 industry
• Knowledge of education market or computer-based training desired
• Ability to articulate instructional / technical concepts with clarity
• Experience in carrying a quota, prospecting and qualifying as part of a sales process
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently as well as ability to work as a team player in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Phone/telesales skills/experience required
• Database or CRM experience required
Location Portland, OR
Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Learning.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
Complete details: https://learningjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/386555.html