Post Date: 01/06/2020
Close Date: 02/29/2020
Job Title: Staff Hydrogeologist
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
Reports to: Environmental Practice Lead
Location: Downtown Portland, one block from the Yamhill District MAX Station
Closing Date: Open until filled
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI), is seeking a skilled hydrogeologist with experience in upland and sediment assessment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, high-performing team of professionals making a positive environmental impact.
• Collect and review geologic and environmental data to develop site conceptual models, prepare reports, meet regulatory requirements, and move projects forward.
• Install monitoring wells; perform soil and sediment, surface and groundwater, and ISM sampling; and provide support on large-scale sediment sampling efforts.
• Manage subcontractors.
• Provide field support for projects primarily within a two-hour radius of the Portland area.
• Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Required Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typical ways to obtain the required knowledge and abilities include:
• BS degree in geology
• 2 or more years of relevant environmental experience
• Experience preparing work plans and technical reports as well as reviewing and interpreting data
• Ability to communicate regularly with management, subcontractors, and junior staff
Valued Education and Experience
• MS degree in geology
• Interest in obtaining Oregon Geology license
• Oregon and Washington experience strongly desired
• Excellent technical skills with the ability to organize and manage work efforts of various types
• Excellent communication, organizational, and report-writing skills
• Ability to work independently
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; depending on the option you choose, GSI will pay 70 to 87 percent of premiums for you and your dependents
• Access to medical and dependent-care flexible spending accounts
• Generous and flexible paid time off
• Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
• ROTH or Traditional 401(k) retirement plan options with matching contributions of up to 4 percent by GSI
• Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, with the option to buy additional life insurance at affordable rates
• Transportation benefit of $75 per month to assist with the cost of commuting into downtown Portland and parking, plus an additional reimbursement of $25 per month for a hop transit card
• Cell phone benefit of $70 per month to assist with the cost of using a personal cell phone for business purposes
• Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
• Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
• Paid memberships in professional organizations
• Flexible work schedules
Complete details: https://gsiws.hiringthing.com/job/167424/staff-hydrogeologist