Post Date: 01/06/2020
Close Date: 02/29/2020
Job Title: Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
Reports to: Environmental Practice Lead
Location: Downtown Portland, one block from the Yamhill District MAX Station
Closing Date: Open until filled
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI), is seeking a skilled Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer to help manage assessment and remediation projects. In this role, you will act as task manager on a variety of projects with an emphasis on ongoing site assessment and remedial activities associated with Superfund sites across the Oregon/Washington area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, high-performing team of professionals making a positive environmental impact.
• Assist with the management of assessment, remediation, and stormwater projects in Oregon and Washington.
• Review environmental and site data to develop site conceptual models, prepare reports, meet regulatory requirements, and move projects forward.
• Communicate regularly with junior staff, subcontractors, and project managers.
• Lead field teams during large data collection efforts.
• Prepare work plans, technical reports, budgets, project schedules, and review data.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Required Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typical ways to obtain the required knowledge and abilities include:
• BS degree in chemistry, environmental science, or associated field
• 5 or more years of relevant environmental experience
• Experience reviewing data, QA/QC reviews, data evaluation, and an understanding of contaminant fate principles
• Experience preparing SAPs, technical reports, HASPs, and QAPPs
Valued Education and Experience
• MS degree in chemistry, environmental science, geology, or associated field
• Training and understanding of environmental chemistry
• Oregon and Washington environmental project experience
• Excellent technical skills with ability to organize and manage work efforts of various types
• Excellent communication, organizational, and report-writing skills
• Ability to work independently
• Interest in moving toward a project management position, with demonstrated capability
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; depending on the option you choose, GSI will pay 70 to 87 percent of premiums for you and your dependents
• Access to medical and dependent-care flexible spending accounts
• Generous and flexible paid time off
• Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
• ROTH or Traditional 401(k) retirement plan options with matching contributions of up to 4 percent by GSI
• Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, with the option to buy additional life insurance at affordable rates
• Transportation benefit of $75 per month to assist with the cost of commuting into downtown Portland and parking, plus an additional reimbursement of $25 per month for a hop transit card
• Cell phone benefit of $70 per month to assist with the cost of using a personal cell phone for business purposes
• Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
• Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
• Paid memberships in professional organizations
• Flexible work schedules
Please Apply Online