Post Date: 03/05/2019
Close Date: 04/15/2019
Hi, I’m Katie Abbott, SVP of Legal & People at Puppet,
I’m looking for a VP of People to grow, align, and lead our global People team. You are the right leader for us if you believe your time is well spent making heroes out of our employees by helping them feel engaged, included and excited to come to work every day. If people tell you that you have a good business sense and are collaborative, strategic in thought, and passionate about creating an amazing work experience to drive the business forward, then this may just be the opportunity you have been waiting to land.
The role’s primary function is to lead all aspects of global Human Resources programs, including talent acquisition; talent management; diversity, equity & inclusion; total rewards; learning & development; and HR systems & operations. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a driven and hands-on Human Resources leader, as you will help set the tone and direction for an exciting global tech company.
As a successful VP of People at Puppet, you will:
Be a great leader and team member:
• Reflect Puppet’s culture, provide inspiration, energy, and a sense of purpose for all employees
• Personally coach and mentor the People team to continue growing as a strategic partner to the business
Have great business acumen:
• Guide the business with the right HR metrics and data. Enable business leaders by identifying trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and employee engagement
• Build leadership and management capability across the company to facilitate an open, diverse and inclusive environment that increases team member engagement
Lead the People team to deliver on the following:
• A strong talent plan for Puppet with the support of other key executives and the People team. The talent plan should include recruitment, workforce and succession planning, talent development and performance management, and should support Puppet’s overall people and talent strategy
• Management of total rewards programs and ensuring equitable offerings in each region, including maintenance of current benefits programs and identification of new options, as well as all compensation-related events
• Define and implement global employee data strategy and system
• Strategic partnership with all business functions within Puppet, including support for organizational design
• Thoughtful handling of complex matters in all areas of Human Resources, ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations
Be committed to delivering an amazing employee experience:
• Increase employee engagement by identifying key players in all functions and departments and getting them directly involved in the perpetuation and improvement of various Puppet and People programs
• Drive continual innovation on the experiences and support Puppet and the People team deliver to each and every employee
Why we want you:
• You have a strong understanding and application of Human Resources areas including, but not limited to, recruitment, diversity, inclusion, retention, talent development, workforce planning, employee engagement, organizational design, total rewards, and change management
• You build credibility and influence a wide variety of leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant
• You work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• You lead with unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
• You can work effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, complex, fast-paced environment across all levels
• You have proven success in driving initiatives, holding yourself accountable for results and ensuring continuous improvement
What valuable experience is required?
• 12+ years of broad experience in Human Resources
• 7+ years of management experience
Bonus, but not required
• Experience as strategic business partner is strongly preferred
• Experience working in a multinational business is strongly preferred, not necessarily leading a global function
• Practical financial acumen skills as related to Human Resources and running and organization are a plus
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.
Complete details: https://puppet.com/company/careers/jobs?gh_jid=1583605