Post Date: 01/11/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
Part-Time and On Call Positions
The Milieu Counselor provides vocational and daily living skills to adolescent youth. Our Milieu Counselor will work in a multicultural/diverse environment. Position involves working one-on-one with youth, group settings, trips from programs and food services depending on program requirements.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
• Effective supervision of milieu and activities utilizing daily schedule.
• Completes documentation of services in a timely manner.
• Participates in daily shift change meetings and staff meetings.
• Organize, prepare, and serve complete meals to the youth at the on-site kitchen, as specified by the menu.
Staff Secure (152) –residential facility that maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision, than a shelter in order to control disruptive behavior. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
Shelter (158) – Co-ed, residential facility in which all of the programmatic components are provided on-site, in a least restrictive environment. Youth develop vocational and acculturative skills by being escorted to activities in the local community.
LTGH (159) - Long term group home is a residential facility that provides services to youth. Youth reside at the program, attend public school, and receive community-based services.
Schedule: Hiring for both Part-Time and On-Call positions. Day, night, and swing shift available, please indicate your preference on application materials.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• High school diploma or equivalent degree
• 1-year experience working with youth.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish, written, read and verbal preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must remain awake during shift
• Must pass a DHS criminal history check.
• Language testing if applicable.
• Must meet agency driving requirement
Starting Pay Range:
Milieu Counselors: $14.00-$14.32
Milieu Counselors (Bilingual): $15.26-$15.61
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code for the program which you are applying to in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
Staff Secure (MC-152), Shelter (MC-158), Group Home (MC-159)
Indicate whether you’re applying for the “Milieu Counselor/Part-Time” or the “Milieu Counselor/On Call” position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/part-time-on-call-milieu-counselor-2/