Post Date: 11/20/2018
Close Date: 12/21/2018
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro
Position: Construction Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Construction
Position Type: Full time/Non-Exempt
Compensation: $16.51 - $20.63 hourly. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; Short-Term Disability, EAP; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and matching retirement plan
Habitat for Humanity partners with people in local communities, and all over the world, to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With community support, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHPME) is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement and top private home builder in the country. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. Habitat welcomes people from all walks of life to partner in serving families in need and creating a better community for everyone who lives here.
Through our 2021 Strategic Plan, HFHPME will serve more people than ever before through decent and affordable housing. This innovative and bold plan will triple the number of families served annually, and includes a shift to a new business model that leverages private fundraising with financial and nonprofit partnerships.
The Construction Coordinator assists the Project Management Team with administration and documentation
tasks necessary to support the construction of homes and to maintain the pace of construction. The Coordinator is involved from project concept through the certificates of occupancy, notices of completion and documentation and certifications as necessary.
• Coordinate with the Director of Construction and Project Managers to insure that the work can proceed on time and on budget.
• Create and send requests for proposals (RFPs).
• Coordinate outreach and documentation of subcontractor communications during the RFP process.
• Assist Director of Construction in scheduling subcontractors on job sites.
• Code invoices and tracks payments against contracts.
• Issue and track change orders.
• Prepare material take-offs as requested.
• Initiate and track orders for materials and supplies.
• Compile and regularly update vendor database.
• Create Homeowner Manuals that are specific to each developmehnt.
• Coordinate, track and analyze warranty repairs to prevent future warranty issues.
• Communicate with stakeholders regarding warranty issues.
• Act as the liaison between the Construction Department and other Habitat Departments to insure that all documentation required by funders is provided as necessary.
• Manage Construction Department’s digital document archive in Procore.
• Participate in regular construction meetings, organization meetings and other required events.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associates or BA/BS degree preferred
• Two years experience working in an A/E/construction office, construction administration or construction contractor’s office or in a related field.
• Working knowledge of construction documents (plans and specifications).
• Proficiency with MS Word (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Basic skills with Procore and MS Project
• Valid driver license
• Ability to work within multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
• Strong time-management skills
• Energetic personality with good sense of humor
The position works Monday through Friday and is based in the Habitat office.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
• A complete resume, including dates of employment
• A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
• Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to email@example.com with ‘Construction Coordinator’ in the subject line Position is open until filled. Apply early.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
For further information about Habitat visit our website at: http://habitatportlandmetro.org
Complete details: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/