Post Date: 06/21/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal-arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The Records Specialist is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Registrar. This role performs Records Office tasks including providing customer service, managing data, evaluating incoming transcripts, processing outgoing transcripts, processing graduation applications, and assisting with the details of two annual commencement ceremonies. All activities are conducted with careful attention to detail and in harmony with university academic policies and procedures.
• Provide accurate information and friendly assistance to all inquirers.
• Attend to the front counter and departmental communication media (phone, email, mail, fax, etc).
• Process academic forms and conduct appropriate registration activities for students.
• Evaluate transcripts for prospective students in the traditional programs including the conversion and acceptance of credits accepted and application of credits accepted toward Core Studies requirements.
• Communicate the results of the transcript evaluation to the student and the Admissions team
• Demonstrate the University’s commitment to the thoughtful treatment of students by processing and evaluating student transcripts within a period of two business days (48 hours).
• Enter accepted transfer courses into Datatel, checking for accuracy and completeness.
• Fulfill orders for outgoing student transcripts.
• Process Applications for Graduation and Grad Check forms, and assist students with understanding their graduation requirements.
• Assist with the maintenance of the graduation lists for the May and December graduation ceremonies.
• Assist the Registrar with Commencement and degree processing.
• Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and other key stakeholders.
• Be present in the office during scheduled business hours, with 8 hours per week at Center 205 and 32 hours per week at the Tabor campus.
• Provide additional support to the Registrar as requested.
• Attend monthly Records Office team meetings.
• Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
• Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
• Adhere to University policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a commitment to a Christ-centered liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
• Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree from an accredited higher education institution or equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
• Requires accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written communication.
• Proficient in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse students, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to multi-task with accuracy, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Records functions in a higher education environment.
• Experience with a Student Information System, preferably Datatel.
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business attire is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references