Post Date: 12/19/2019
Close Date: 01/16/2020
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst with strong Business Intelligence skills to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools to aid Public Health staff in making informed data driven decisions.
In this role, you will provide a high level of technical expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems. You will be responsible for technical direction of software systems while guiding the evolution of systems development and quality while enabling innovation. You will also act as a mentor for other staff whom support, utilize and are adopting these systems.
Additionally, you will guide design and development of reporting databases, while instituting industry best practices and standards. You will be part of a team that provides technical expertise and leadership to develop, integrate and implement Public Health information systems.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Systems Analyst with strong Business Intelligence skills, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Business Intelligence. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience in Business Intelligence. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Two (2) years of information systems experience in Business Intelligence. OR (d) A Master's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• 2 to 4 years of experience with Business Intelligence, Reporting, and Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SAP BO, SSIS, SSRS, or Crystal Reports.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, database design theory and the T-SQL query language.
• Strong grasp of data modeling concepts and ETL package development, modification and maintenance.
• Experience analyzing business data and structuring it into logical data flows and data transformations to answer business questions.
• Ability to drive adoption of BI and Visualization tools within the organization by consistently taking high-level, customer-driven ideas and turning them into actionable requirements through in-depth operational analytics.
• Experience using technology stacks such as SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 and/or Oracle.
• Willingness to work in a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Current understanding and ability to learn current IT frameworks such as ITIL, PMBOK, Agile DevOps etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.