Post Date: 05/13/2019
Close Date: 06/30/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Business Continuity Consultant (P-19-1026)
This is a limited duration assignment that may last up to 3 years depending on performance and needs of the business.
As the Business Continuity Consultant, you will promote corporate resiliency by developing and implementing plans to mitigate the impact of emergencies, respond to emergencies and recover operations afterwards.
Your journey includes:
• Develop implement and update the enterprise wide business continuity program, strategies and initiatives; encourage a culture of business continuity awareness through education training and exercises for company employees; build and maintain active relationships with business units to facilitate the program and initiatives.
• Conduct business continuity risk and impact assessments to identify service gaps and define critical services and staffing needs.
• Coordinate the design, development, implementation and maintenance of business continuity plans ensuring adequate protection of company assets and continuity of key business processes.
• Manage, participate in, evaluate and establish goals and objectives for business continuity exercises to ensure appropriate preparedness levels; support the development of and facilitates internal drills and table-top exercises.
• Maintain awareness of emerging situations which could warrant an emergency response; facilitate mitigating potential business interruptions and respond to events impacting the continuation and survival of business services and operations.
• Monitor trends and practices within the industry and research and recommend new systems and technology for emergency response, planning and recovery.
• Evaluate the program to determine that business continuity meets regulatory requirements, best practices, laws, rules, compliance with industry standards, customer expectations, employee safety and financial guidelines; monitors feedback on program performance and service to business-unit leaders to determine program changes and improvement.
• As assigned, represent the company on industry-association committees and business continuity forums; actively participate in regional interdependencies, emergency planning and disaster-recovery plans and exercises; establish and maintain contact with the community and government officials, including business continuity and emergency managers.
Bring the following skills to our team:
• Knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of business continuity and disaster response
• Knowledge of risk-mitigation principles and best practices
• Knowledge of the utility industry, system and regulations, including Oregon Public Utility requirements
• Computer skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in risk management, business continuity, or related field or equivalent experience. Typically, five or more years in related field. Experience in enterprise wide business continuity in a heavily regulated industry preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=P-19-1026. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING