Post Date: 05/21/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Campus Custodial Services Manager (Rock Creek Campus)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09403
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Management; Level I; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $56,475 to range mid-point of $69,180. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $56,475 to $81,890)
Job Close Date: For best consideration, apply by June 7, 2018
Rock Creek Campus Day Shift - Monday to Friday, Hours to be determined. May require occasional evening work.
Under the direction of the District Custodial Services Manager, supervises the day-to-day custodial services operations at Rock Creek Campus. The Campus Facilities Custodial Manager supervises the work of custodial staff to ensure a clean and safe environment for students and staff and compliance with applicable college policies, standards and regulatory agency codes. Coordinates immediate Facilities Management Services (custodial, maintenance and grounds) and campus response to issues or events affecting campus/center operations and serves as the principle Facilities Management liaison on-site for external contractors and vendors.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the Lead Custodian, Maintenance Custodian and custodial staff for an assigned campus or center. Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Identifies employee resources and expertise and utilizes employee experiences and skills to plan, schedule, assign and perform custodial and other activities as assigned.
- Meets with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift. Conducts ongoing training and custodial inspections.
- Maintains an accurate record of shift attendance and ensures that employee time sheets are properly filled out prior to submission to payroll.
- Works with campus or center requestors to coordinate essential support at special events, athletic activities, banquets, department moves or changes, and/or other applicable events that effect the assigned staffing.
- Provides input and submits budget recommendations for district-wide custodial budget. Monitors and oversees campus expenses to ensure conformance to budget constraints.
- Participates in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities for improved custodial services.
- Monitors, maintains and requests services, supplies, equipment and materials to ensure efficient operations of campus or center.
- Ensures that Service Requests are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred according to department procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
Associate's degree in business, management, public administration or related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Two years performing custodial and/or maintenance tasks, including one year in a lead capacity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Supervisory principles;
- Standard custodial/maintenance practices, procedures and techniques;
- Applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations;
- Inventory management principles and practices;
- Safety procedures.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Supervising subordinate staff;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes;
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory;
- Making minor repairs to building equipment and fixtures;
- Understanding basic blue prints and schematics;
- Resolving conflicts in an appropriate, constructive way;
-Managing projects within assigned parameters;
- Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
- Implementing and monitoring policies, procedures and workflow;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication and data gathering;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums; and
- Working as part of a team for consistent delivery of custodial services and to meet established standards.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please respond to how you meet Preferred Qualifications Number 1 to 4 in your "Responses to the Required Questions" attachmetn
1 - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with complex issues and proven mediation skills
2 - Ability to work effectively with other departments, staff and leadership in building professional relationships
3 - Experience managing staff on multiple shifts, providing strong leadership, setting clear expectations and regular feedback.
4 - Experience developing policies and procedures in a custodial environment and around sustainable practices
5 - Custodial experience in higher education or large campus setting
6 - Knowledge of required custodial staff training
7 - Knowledge of effective and efficient custodial methods, practices, equipment and supplies.
8 - Ability to establish and ensure consistent standards and work practices across campuses
9 - Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse environment and encourage equity and inclusion
10 - Experience in managing budgets and reporting status
11 - Experience with a work order management system
12 - Knowledge of best practices and compliance issues related to risk, safety and environmental health.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - Examples of how you meet Preferred Qualifications number 1 to 4 - Scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1225106
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1225106