Post Date: 08/22/2019
Close Date: 09/19/2019
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Supervisor, Business Intelligence leads, trains and motivates the Business Intelligence team to achieve positive outcomes and continuously add value to the OCHIN collaborative. This work entails managing projects, prioritizing work providing feedback, managing performance, identifying and mitigating risks, and ensuring high quality service to the OCHIN collaborative. The Supervisor, Business Intelligence will continually assess and make improvements to systems and processes to increase efficiency while judiciously managing the resources of OCHIN and our Members (Service Areas). This position will also actively participate in reporting and analytics activities as a business intelligence analyst.
* Lead, motivate, develop, and support a team of analysts to meet both organizational and member needs
* Support the Director, Population Health & Analytics and the Business Intelligence Team in developing effective workflows, solving and mitigating complex issues and maintaining valuable relationships;
* Collaborate with leadership to ensure timelines and deliverables are realistic and actionable;
* Plan effective learning deliverables for annual forums and applicable conferences to nurture partner learning;
* Ensure new staff are on-boarded in a measured manner that prepares them for success;
* Manage projects, programs, and work activities of the Business Intelligence team, ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget
* Track and measure team, project, and individual performance goals;
* Work with team to identify, document, and implement potential process improvements;
* Review, define, and support improvements efforts
* Ensure team members have the support they need to succeed; provide individual guidance, seek out information, and facilitate relationships to ensure team members’ support needs are met
Business Intelligence Analyst Duties
* Develop extracts, reports, and analytics using Epic Cogito (Reporting Workbench, Radar Dashboards, SlicerDicer), Epic Clarity (SQL), Epic Caboodle (SQL), Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau, and other related applications;
* Lead working sessions with OCHIN members to review and resolve complex reporting/analytic work orders and support issues;
* Ensure reporting/analytics correspond with underlying workflows and processes; liaise with others as needed to achieve this level of understanding
* Document specifications for both internal users and end-users; contribute to other OCHIN teams’ documentation when it entails reporting/analytics
* Design and scope complex projects and statements of work, including deliverables, timeline, milestones, and resource estimations;
* QA complex extracts/reports/analytics;
* Collaborate with members from other OCHIN teams to identify and address issues;
* Lead trainings and workgroups for members and staff; mentor, coach and train less experienced business intelligence analysts;
* Travel to support off-site implementations and installations as needed; provide elbow support to clinic staff during Go-Lives and Mock clinics as needed;
* Assist Project Managers in identifying system capabilities and designing and executing project plans related to population health and analytics;
* Build, design, test and document functionality of new system features;
* Provide process improvements within applications and the Population Health & Analytics team;
* Other duties as assigned
Outcomes for Success
* Team processes are documented, are understood by team members, and are aligned with organizational policies and processes
* 1:1 meetings with direct reports are held at least once a month
* Information is shared with relevant parties in a timely and effective manner
* Direct reports accurately track time in accordance with processes established at the organizational level
* Direct reports have identified and regularly track progress against goals in accordance with organizational processes
* The Business intelligence team is continuing to develop and grow both individual team members through professional development; and in process improvements that meet most current organizational needs
* As applicable, direct reports have excellent customer satisfaction and responsiveness scores
* Conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
* Remaining focused in the face of pressure, delivering against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations.
* Completing projects and tasks independently and with limited direct supervision.
* 5 years of progressive growth in field
* Deep understanding of data modeling and data warehousing
* Experience using analytic and business intelligence tools and/or programming languages such as SQL, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and Tableau
* Certifications/proficiency in Epic Cogito, Clarity Administration, Healthy Planet, Clarity Data Model for applications Cadence, EpicCare Ambulatory, or Resolute PB stgronly preferred; willingness to attain Epic certification(s) as required within specified timeframe
* 3 years of supervisory experience or leadership roles within teams
* Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science ore relevant experience
Skills & Abilities
* Team development & coaching: The ability to bring people together to execute needs, provide training and personal development/ coaching to team members on how to be successful within the organization.
* Escalation & resolution: Strong analytical and problem solving skills- fostering timely escalation identification and resolution
* Accountability and integrity: Strong judgment and decision making skills (i.e. knowing when to delegate tasks and when to roll up one’s sleeves and work with the team to get it done);
* Mentoring and skill building: The ability and desire to knowledge share, delegate to, and mentor new leaders
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.