Post Date: 10/30/2019
Close Date: 11/13/2019
The Portland Art Museum invites applications for the position of Event Support Staff within our Events department. At the Portland Art Museum, the Event Support Staff plays a critical role in the events department by demonstrating flexibility and adaptability throughout a wide span of job duties. As job duties flow with the event, we are looking for someone who is driven by results and shows the initiative and confidence to excel in a fast paced environment. The varying roles include, but are not limited to: event setup, custodial, administrative duties, coat check, crowd management, basic A/V function, and fire watch, as assigned by a supervisor. If you are a quick learner and love interacting with others, then apply today!
The Portland Art Museum (PAM) strives to be an inclusive institution that facilitates respectful dialogue, debate, and the free exchange of ideas. With a deep commitment to artists – past and present – and freedom of expression, the Museum and Northwest Film Center’s collections, programs and staff aspire to reveal the beauty and complexities of the world, and create a deeper understanding of our shared humanity. We are a Museum for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices, and personal journeys. The Northwest Film Center (NWFC), a sister organization to the Museum, is a regional media arts resource and service organization founded to encourage the study, appreciation, and utilization of the moving image arts, foster their artistic and professional excellence, and to help create a climate in which they may flourish. PAM and the NWFC are committed to advancing equity and inclusion by creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will continue learning as we work to evolve as an Institution, recognizing that this journey has no end and our commitment must remain. We have an active equity team currently engaged in a year-long journey to examine our internal culture and the work we do through an equity lens. We look forward to having all colleagues join and contribute to this important work. Learn more at https://portlandartmuseum.org/about/mission/.
PAM and the NWFC are equal opportunity employers, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, disability or any other legally protected status. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, PAM and the NWFC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the application, interview, and hiring process. Alternative formats of this application are available upon request. If reasonable accommodation or an alternative form of this application are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.276.4358.
• Promotes and supports institutional equity and inclusion goals by considering E&I in the greater goals of the department. Does essential functions upholding the Museum in positive light and Institutional values.
• Provides excellent customer service at all times, while performing a wide range of duties.
• Fulfills custodial duties in advance of, during, and after events by stocking supplies, thoroughly cleaning and maintaining restrooms, collecting and disposing of garbage and recyclables, and providing a speedy response to spills or other custodial duties.
• Fulfills Production Hand duties by setting banquet furniture in event spaces in compliance with local life safety regulations and assisting in equipment maintenance.
• Maintains ballrooms and other event spaces through painting, regular vacuuming, and carpet scrubbing.
Additional Job Functions:
• Fulfills coat check duties by checking event attendees’ various coats, umbrellas, and bags.
• Fulfills administrative duties in the Event’s office by helping with items such as data entry, filing, and running errands.
• If comfortable, occasional driving of company van to pick up various supplies and do drop offs.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor
• Repair broken furniture, signs, and other miscellaneous items that have been damaged.
• Maintain and track an active inventory of furniture, tools, and event items.
• Learn and follow all PAM, OSHA, and Portland Fire Marshall guidelines.
• Available to work flexible schedule including holidays, nights, and weekends.
• Work effectively with volunteers, Museum staff and the general public.
• Work collaboratively in an equitable and inclusive framework with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to perform duties effectively under time constraint.
• General knowledge of event culture.
• Custodial experience.
• Lift up to 50 pounds from standing or squatting position.
• Dress: PAM provided tops to include button up and polo. Uniform may vary dependent on position.
• Valid driver’s license with ability to pass MVR check, preferred but not required.
This position full-time, with compensation budgeted at $14.00 per hour. This position is eligible for the Museum's benefits package first of the month following 30-days of full-time employment. Benefits include medical and dental, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday, jury duty, bereavement), long-term disability and AD&D, and a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.
To apply online visit: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers follow the link to create a profile. Resumes received without completed employment application will not be considered. Please no drop ins. For questions or accommodation please contact email@example.com.
The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: November 13, 2019 at 4 PM PST
Complete details: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers/