Post Date: 05/07/2019
Close Date: 06/11/2019
Functions/Duties of Position
1. Operates the high-pressure steam generating boilers and maintains accurate operating logs. Makes adjustments to the boiler operations to maintain efficiency. Maintains the operation of steam distribution and condensate collection equipment and perimeter heating equipment. Monitors the medical gas distribution system. Operates computer terminal to interface with the building automation control system.
2. Performs planned and corrective maintenance on steam boilers, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, meters, mechanical, pneumatic control components, valves, piping, and steam traps, blowers, refractory, flow meters, conveyor equipment, gauges and de-aerating feed tanks. Manufactures parts from metal and sheet metal using lathe and drill presses, sheet metal fabrication tools, oxygen acetylene and electrical welding equipment, hydraulic presses and hand tools. Utilizes precision measuring devices including micrometers, calipers, electrical test meters, compressed gas analysis equipment, dial indicators and electronic temperature sensors.
3. Performs water analyses to determine the chemical and mechanical water treatment necessary to maintain established parameters.
4. May assist other skilled or journey-level trades people such as Stationary Engineer II’s, sheet metalworkers or welders or facilities technicians in the performance of their tasks.
5. Other duties as assigned.
•Two years of experience operating and maintaining a high-pressure boiler system and auxiliaryequipment which shows:
•Knowledge of high-pressure steam boiler systems operations;
•Knowledge of safety practices while operating and maintaining boiler systems and auxiliary equipment
•Knowledge of how to perform chemical analysis of water
•Must maintain a valid driver’s license
•Must be able to cut, thread and assemble pipe used for steam, water and refrigeration distribution systems.
•Must be able to work in or around: high levels of noise, extremely high temperatures, dirt, dust, odors, fumes and wet environments, poorly lit areas, bio-hazards, radioactive hazards, moving machinery and confined spaces. Danger of steam and hot water burns, electric shock, infection, lifting and minor injuries.
•Perform work in confined spaces such as underground utility tunnels, manholes, cooling towers and boilers using regulations and guidelines in performance of such duties.
• Required to walk, stand and work while bending and stooping for extended periods.
•Required to work outdoors in inclement weather.
•Ability to lift 50 lbs over head, ability to lift from floor to waist 90 lbs unassisted.
•Ability to climb ladders and elevated walkways, work from extension and “A” frame ladders to 40 ft.
•Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
•HS Diploma or equivalent.
•State of Oregon class III
•Boiler / building service mechanic license.
•Experience with building automation control systems; Siemens (Apogee) or Johnson Controls (Metasys)
•E.P.A. certification for handling refrigerants
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Getting to Work:
Commuting to OHSU is a unique experience and planning ahead for your first visit is highly recommended. Parking at OHSU is limited and employees are required to purchase a permit to access parking. OHSU is committed to reducing traffic congestion and rewards commuters for a variety of options. Learn about cash incentives, free shuttles, transit discounts, the aerial tram, dynamic carpooling, free ride share for early and late commuting, and request a custom trip plan at www.ohsu.edu/commute.
How To Apply
Apply Online - https://www.ohsu.edu/human-resources, keyword search IRC83425