Post Date: 08/05/2019
Close Date: 08/18/2019
This is a full-time, Academic Year (9-month) position, running from September to June each year.
The Clinical Social Worker provides culturally-competent mental health services to PSU students including: brief individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and walk in/triage and emergency services. He/she/they also participate in psychoeducational outreach to students and regularly consult with faculty and staff regarding student concerns. The Clinical Social Worker must work exceptionally well with students of color, LGBTQ students, international students, and other underrepresented students and communities on campus. This position also supervises Master’s level students in training (e.g., Social Work, Counselor Education).
The Clinical Social Worker works collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team of professionals committed to meeting the diverse mental health needs of a global student community. He/she/they are an active participant in staff and clinical team meetings, professional development and clinical in-service activities, as well as involvement with Student Affairs programs/activities and university-wide committees/projects.
Required / Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work from accredited program
• Current Oregon license (LCSW) or currently eligible for Oregon license upon hire
• Experience providing clinical services (triage/crisis intervention, individual and group therapy, referral/case management) to diverse racial and cultural groups including LGBTQ populations
• Skills, knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the needs of students of color, students from indigenous communities, LGBTQ students, international students, veterans, students from diverse religious affiliations, undocumented students, or first generation students
• Bilingual or multilingual counseling skills
• Clinical supervision experience
• Experience working in a college or university counseling center
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with colleagues and clients
• Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team of health and mental health professionals
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting annual salary rate for this 9-month position will be between $51,714 and $56,000. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however, it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills, and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, and you meet the minimum qualifications, please go to https://www.pdx.edu/hr/job-opportunities to apply. Click on Apply Here, select Admin, and navigate to Clinical Social Worker (Academic Year).
Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.
Complete details: https://www.pdx.edu/hr/job-opportunities