Post Date: 01/13/2020
Close Date: 02/29/2020
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
Moda Health is seeking an Actuarial Analyst who will provide actuarial services to support Individual lines of business. We are seeking an entry level candidate that has passed 1 - 3 actuarial exams.
01. Collaborates with other actuarial staff to determine appropriate rate actions to maintain profitability of Individual products; including Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, ACA major medical, short-term medical, and dental.
02. Assists in rate filing process and other compliance activities required by State and Federal law.
03. Produces and distributes a variety of regular monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
04. Conducts formula reviews and other peer reviews of analysis and reports produced by teammates.
05. Communicates rate actions to other departments within Moda Health.
06. Compiles and verifies data, prepare reports and provide various levels of analysis and modeling work.
07. Provides guidance and advice regarding rates, benefits and related matters for insurance products.
08. Perform other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Please apply directly here: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27366534&refresh=true
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
01. Bachelor degree or higher in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other closely related field.
02. 0 - 2 years of experience in actuarial role or health insurance industry.
03. Passed 1 -3 actuarial exams administered by SOA, actively pursuing ASA designation.
04. Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis concepts.
05. Strong skills in Excel, SQL, SAS, and/or R.
06. Strong analytical and communication skills.
07. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with constantly changing priorities.
08. Ability to set priorities and manage a workload with limited supervision.
09. Project a professional image and maintain complete confidentiality.
Complete details: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27366534&refresh=true